Are some people just thick or what?

Dean Lofthouse

Just had a phonecall,

"Can you come and look at three Trees I have with a veiw to Lopping them"

This couple have just moved into this house with three mature trees in the garden, wifey wants these trees tops lopped off because they blow about in the wind and look dangerous.

I asked, if they had just moved in whether or not they had been told about the trees and whether they are protected or not through the survey etc.

They said they had and they have got a tree preservation order on them.

Surely they must know what a TPO is and what it stands for if they have just had a survey done?

I said, the only thing that will be allowed on the trees is light pruning and deadwooding, but I would come out tomorrow and inspect the trees anyway to make sure they were healthy so they would have nothing to worry about.

Don't you just know you are wasting your weekend??

It really pees me off that people buy houses with trees and then immediately try to mutilate or remove the trees after they move in

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That really annoys me too, they say they want them cut in half as they are too high "too high" whats wrong with that! did they not notice them growing for the last twenty years?i just tell them just because a tree is tall does not make it dangerous!

And when they say they want this tree down because it makes a mess in the gutters, or there is no light, drops sap on my car, its too near to the house.

Don't you find you can tell what they're like and whether you will get the job just from hearing them talk on the phone.

Well you have to understand people are never going to be as passionate about trees as the people who :cheers:work on them.

We are at the mercy of our customers most we can offer good advice which they take but some want it there way or no way.

Unless every tree is protected we will keep seeing poop trees.

But hey i love it when other fellers cock up trees just makes my work look all the better.