Are some people just thick or what?

Dean Lofthouse

in a bit of a dilema , priced up a job to fell approxs 15 mature trees oak,sycamore ,horse chestnut etc. and clear a lot of shrubbery. job is for a developer price

has been accepted he wants to know when we can start. he has told me there are 8 tpo trees on site which are not being touched ,dont think it is a conservation area, The site at present is a pub/hotel so quite public . not sure whether to trust developer or make a tentative enquiry to tree officer as to status of trees on site at the risk of drawing attention to the site . the developer has shown me the building plans and tree survey,dont know if planning permission has been granted

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Huck is right.

Ropes are tremendously strong, my biggest worry is the branch failing.

Especailly when you see some limb failures that are apparently healthy limbs.

Someone once asked me if I was scared of heights, I said everyone is, but to differing degrees.

If you wasn't scared of heights that would be a bad thing. :hmmmm2:

in a bit of a dilema , priced up a job to fell approxs 15 mature trees oak,sycamore ,horse chestnut etc. and clear a lot of shrubbery. job is for a developer price

has been accepted he wants to know when we can start. he has told me there are 8 tpo trees on site which are not being touched ,dont think it is a conservation area, The site at present is a pub/hotel so quite public . not sure whether to trust developer or make a tentative enquiry to tree officer as to status of trees on site at the risk of drawing attention to the site . the developer has shown me the building plans and tree survey,dont know if planning permission has been granted

You must see paper work, if not enquire yourself. Tell him it is immpossible for you to start the work untill confirmation of Tree status has been seen. It's your career and money at stake if not.

I don't want to fall out with you but i totally disagree,i use my old climbing lines to pull trucks out of fields they are 3 ton+

If they are in good order and loler checked they WILL NOT snap :top:

Hucky bear i appreciate your view i wont fall out over some one telling me there views.

We are all different i know every break streign of all my gear but im that kinda person i dont trust anything dont get me wrong i know they wont break but i just have that thought in my head when i climb the what ifs

I guess the one sentance answer is there not fool proof.:top:

Oh and i tried to tow a car behind my transit new england rope and it snapped.

PEC its not the height its the hitting the ground that scares the **** out of me lol.

Hucky bear i appreciate your view i wont fall out over some one telling me there views.

We are all different i know every break streign of all my gear but im that kinda person i dont trust anything dont get me wrong i know they wont break but i just have that thought in my head when i climb the what ifs

I guess the one sentance answer is there not fool proof.:top:

your right if you feel unhappy with something dont use it

Phone in and ask the day before to check. Council bods know the rules of the game like you. No TPO= potential fell, its who is the quickest off the mark that wins. We do this quite a lot. Never trust the developers word entirely, they are one step away from estate agents and do you trust them?