Are some people just thick or what?

Dean Lofthouse

Ill never trust my ropes ill always use as much of the tree as i can its easy to climb the tree than use the rope to get up i just ALT from a ladder.

IMHO,the best climbers use there rope ALL the time,i worked with a guy years ago who only used his rope at the end to get down,he would just strop himself to the tree and smoke big lumps of,he was crap imo.:gasthrower:

I think if you can get a nice high anchor point the job becomes easy and fun :top:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think you getting what im saying.

you dont get a high anchor point untill you get up there so i dont get what your saying.

I said i use more of the tree than my ropes to get to my anchor how do you do it im sure we dont all big shot every tree.

ALT alternate lanyard technique im sure you know what it is put the ladder up put you rope on the tree climb the tree until the first obstruction put other line over obstruction disconnet first line and doing that all the way to your selected anchor point

OF COURSE I USE A BLOODY ROPE :reddy::withstupid:lol

OF COURSE I USE A BLOODY ROPE :reddy::withstupid:lol

Every climber has a different style, if its safe and comfortable then dont knock it. In different areas of the country different tree species prevail and each requires a different approach. Rather than bitching and infighting we should realise the enemy is the unskilled arbowrecker and they should be encouraged to free climb as much as possible. ( Charles Darwin style breeding out of stupidity)

Every climber has a different style, if its safe and comfortable then dont knock it. In different areas of the country different tree species prevail and each requires a different approach. Rather than bitching and infighting we should realise the enemy is the unskilled arbowrecker and they should be encouraged to free climb as much as possible. ( Charles Darwin style breeding out of stupidity)

:congrats:

I see what your saying Treemotion, it just wasn't too clear how you explained it.

I do the same, I put ladders up, throw a line up, walk up the ladders taking up the slack. If there are braches all the way up, you may as well step up them using them as ladders whilst keeping your attachment points as you ascend.

Correct? :top:

In that case why you put this?

Hey i just think you read it wrong or maybe i put it down wrong.

But ill never trust my ropes and that keeps me so aware of what im doing im in no false sense of security in a tree ropes can break and they do.

My attitude keeps me analyzing every connection from me to the anchor things go wrong but as long as your prepared you have the best chance of getting out of danger.

Say your on a limb relying on your rope and for what ever reason it goes if your not ready for that event you in trouble by not trusting my ropes it keeps me very aware.

But this is just my method that works very well for me as i never taken a fall and will keep it that way

See PEC new what i was saying. Silky in my teeth no no top handel silky in between my bum cheeks lol.

But ill never trust my ropes and that keeps me so aware of what im doing im in no false sense of security in a tree ropes can break and they do.

I don't want to fall out with you but i totally disagree,i use my old climbing lines to pull trucks out of fields they are 3 ton+

If they are in good order and loler checked they WILL NOT snap :top: