Someone who knows what they want

cousin jack

had this one today

customer... hi mate can i come pick up some logs in my trailer? my old supplier has stopped doing them, he charged me £20 for a trailer load.

me... not today mate and it will cost alot more than £20

c... its only a small trailer mate...about 1/2 a cubic meter

me... for £20 you can have 4 netted bags or half a cube would cost £35

c.... well my old supplier was happy with £20

me... probably why he's not doing it anymore then!

customer hung up swearing.....i walked off laughing

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had this one today

customer... hi mate can i come pick up some logs in my trailer? my old supplier has stopped doing them, he charged me £20 for a trailer load.

me... not today mate and it will cost alot more than £20

c... its only a small trailer mate...about 1/2 a cubic meter

me... for £20 you can have 4 netted bags or half a cube would cost £35

c.... well my old supplier was happy with £20

me... probably why he's not doing it anymore then!

customer hung up swearing.....i walked off laughing

Had same recently customer wanted some logs . I offered to deliver free of charge 1 cu metre for £80. This was after alot of to and froing too much wood. Of course if he had filled his pick up for £20 it would not have been too much wood. I now dont have people in the yard alot are just casing your joint for an out of hours visit. Why take the risk

Had an order placed on Friday for half a cube. Delivered Saturday but they had changed their mind and didn't want it - firing me off in no uncertain terms. They had sorted a 'big load out with someone who was far cheaper'. I've no problem at all with someone being cheaper but there was no no need for the nasty edge to the way this was proudly announced in the street.

Happend to go past their house again later on Saturday afternoon and laughed out loud when I saw the pile of freshly cut unsplit lumps of leyllandii complete with plenty sawdust and general crap tipped on their ornamental stone chipping drive. :biggrin:

Phone rings this morning...

Them.... they have changed their mind and would like a big bag after all and could they have it delivered today.

Me.... Sorry, we had a busy day yesterday and now have only only enough stock left to look after existing customers.

Silence....

Them... Am I interested in buying a big load of logs?

Me... No thankyou.

Even though a bulk/builders/ton/tonne bag is nowhere near a cubic metre!

Sad git that I am, I handball, barrow & stack all my deliveries (I'm not the only one on here doing that). Have a very loyal customer base. Because I handball I know that 500 domestic logs (av. 9" long) fill a load of 1.4M3 so 250 is half a load. 'Pub' logs

at 14" - 16" long need 350 for a load. People understand numbers & money. It's no wonder customers are confused by volume with so many guys passing off builders bags as a cubic metre.

chris your crazy:001_tt2:. just tip em and leave em. best way

Had an order placed on Friday for half a cube. Delivered Saturday but they had changed their mind and didn't want it - firing me off in no uncertain terms. They had sorted a 'big load out with someone who was far cheaper'. I've no problem at all with someone being cheaper but there was no no need for the nasty edge to the way this was proudly announced in the street.

Happend to go past their house again later on Saturday afternoon and laughed out loud when I saw the pile of freshly cut unsplit lumps of leyllandii complete with plenty sawdust and general crap tipped on their ornamental stone chipping drive. :biggrin:

Phone rings this morning...

Them.... they have changed their mind and would like a big bag after all and could they have it delivered today.

Me.... Sorry, we had a busy day yesterday and now have only only enough stock left to look after existing customers.

Silence....

Them... Am I interested in buying a big load of logs?

Me... No thankyou.

If that's all you said, you're a better man than me I would have told them exactly what to do with their big load of logs.