Warm work wear ideas

farmer_ben

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before you get on to the outer layer, how about a gorgeous set of long johns? Deeply unattractive, a constant source of amusement for your colleagues but cheap as and fantastic for stopping your legs going blue :blushing:.

When I'm out surveying in this season, I invariably have some sort of M&S base layer on, even just a pair of leggings. They work as well as some of the more expensive motorbike understuff that I've got.

Thermals are the most important layer IMO. After that any old stuff will do. I use Helly hansen, they have been makign thermals forever. The newer ones are not so smelly helly anymore, you can wear them for a week no worries and wash them at the weekend wehter they need it or not!

Cotswold are doing helly hansen thermals, tops and Long johns together for 30quid I think, no further discount available for that product but for anything else don't forget the discount code for ISA members which anyone can use for on line ordering isa member or not.

Discount code is AF-ISOA-T3

Please wait...

Layers! and wicking properties!

I wear a thermal long sleeve top with holes cut in the hem to put over my thumbs so no gap appears between sleeve and glove:blushing: Then i put on a normal t shirt then a jumper then a light work fleece followed by a body warmer and i am like toast also i like to wear hat thin but lined (a lot of heat can be lost from the head). Might look like a yeti in the mornings but you can always strip layers when getting warm working and put them back on when cooling down having a cuppa. My favorite bit of kit though is my buffalo shirt very comfy in the cold :thumbup1: