Night security at yards/lock-ups

Ignis

When I think what my partner and I have kissed off in rent over the past six years, it makes me want to convert a bus or similar - but I could hack that lifestyle, I know she wouldn't. 1000 a month at the moment plus two hundred council tax. The idea you have is sound, the worst part as said before is getting landowners to trust you. Renting in the south east is horrendous cost wise, we are in Kent too and it will only get worse, sadly

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today has made me realise the need for night security. Turned up to one of the firms I am working for at present, fence down... One truck gone, The other messed about with a bit. Luckily the power of social media meant that they managed to track it down. Another tree crew came to the rescue and were first on scene so respect to them. You know who you are if you are reading this. They are saying that whoever nicked it, actually had the nerve to use it for work while it was still fully signwritten. The reckon it was nicked on the Friday eve... One regular customer confirmed a sighting on Saturday, another regular customer confirmed a sighting on Sunday. Two totally different locations. What the f×%k is going on nowadays???

10 minutes ago, billpierce said:
46 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:
I've been rumbled, not to the extent of having to find somewhere else, just a bit better hidden. Did you find anywhere [mention=51567]Ignis[/mention]?

Downer, is there an old place to tuck away? Complaining neighbours or council?

As the crow flies I'll be about 20 yards away. Neither the neighbours or council.

• Like 1

I've been rumbled, not to the extent of having to find somewhere else, just a bit better hidden. Did you find anywhere [mention=51567]Ignis[/mention]?
Nah still haven't found anywhere. I have loads of work with firms, more than I can handle tbh. But nowhere to live. April is coming up quick too. None of the firm's yards are suitable so who knows what the future holds. Shame you've been rumbled mate. They don't make it easy to live these days

19 minutes ago, chester6114 said:
On 04/03/2019 at 20:33, eggsarascal said:

Nah still haven't found anywhere. I have loads of work with firms, more than I can handle tbh. But nowhere to live. April is coming up quick too. None of the firm's yards are suitable so who knows what the future holds. Shame you've been rumbled mate. They don't make it easy to live these days

Where are you based, have you worked for, or meet someone on Arbtalk that would be able to vouch for you?, these will all go a long way to finding somewhere. I reckon I've had about 10 offers from people on here to let me stay in their yards, or on their land.

Good luck, you'll need it if folk don't know if they can trust you or not.

• Like 2

Where are you based, have you worked for, or meet someone on Arbtalk that would be able to vouch for you?, these will all go a long way to finding somewhere. I reckon I've had about 10 offers from people on here to let me stay in their yards, or on their land.

Good luck, you'll need it if folk don't know if they can trust you or not.
I don't know anyone that's particularly well known to the forum as far as I know. So their word would be as good as mine surely. If I was up to no good, the referree could well be in on it. Or at least that's what would cross my mind if I were the land owner.
I reckon my best shot is to put the idea on hold until I work for a firm that has a suitable yard and approach them once they get to know me a bit. I'd rather be working for the firm as well coz the trust thing goes both ways and unexpected turfing out wouldn't be much fun. Plus it keeps things nice and simple. I'm going to work on my pitch too. For example, I would be happy to do some logging, kit maintenance, daily checks etc after hours which might be helpful to them. Tbh, I never expected to find an opportunity via arbtalk but i was keen to find out if i was barking up the wrong tree in the first place. I'm grateful for all the input. Cheers
  • Like 1