Felling Timber with Osborne Axe.

red gum

Been Felling, Timber for my Carvings and Furniture Business, also keeps me a little fit,

Have many items made now, and am going to showcase them on my You Tube Channel some day soon.

Though if anyone Appreciates Felling with a Axe.

Have Provided Link Below.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwmajvcZOBZ5Af5N7DSuYAw

I watched one of the videos

Looks like a good work out.  Although I did think you were about to bury that axe in your leg a few times.

Do you never change your grip over when you change sides.  When your hands were back to front it didn’t look that stable tbh mate.

Thanks for posting though.  The axe looks great.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yeh its not the conventional way to swing a racing Axe, though Endurance Work

its swung the way i do, saves your elbow and wrist joints old Pioneers they used a Axe all day 6 days a week.

and yes they were lighter,  I have some old footage of Axe men  in Australia on my saved playlists on YT.

Touch Wood i havn't hit my Leg. Sorry for delay in getting back to you all.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Update.....Bought my 2nd axe recently, and the workmanship was very very poor, the handle was bent 8mm there was pitting in the Blade, that resulted in (richochete) chipping on the first pine, the blade seemed honed more on the underside, leaving a protrusion of metal on the upper side, resulting in the axe rebounding back uncontrollable during the top V cut. I don't know what happened to this Guy, i let him know by phone of some issues, and he was very rude, and denied faulty workmanship, i offered to take photos and send to verify my concerns, though he quickly objected to this request, but he offered my money back....but wait, no replacement ?, he then asked if i was a Metal scientist??. On calling him again he offered to have a beer with me, in which i declined being 10 years sober....mmm i dont know maybe the Bloke needs to put the grog away??. Any way for Love of my fellow man, just be Prudent when coming to selecting any Axe.  Happy and Safe Felling.

Edited by red gum
spelling