Jerry Can (20 litre ) For Chainsaw Filling Up At Petrol Stations

ANDYDMC

For the OP for low/hobby use as others have said not a lot of point in buying 20L at a time.

Even mixing 5l (combi can full) of 2Stroke might be far too much.

Might be worth consdering using aspen instead? No shelf life and meant to be better for saws (have to admit never used it myself)

Stephen P many folk working in forestry will be using 5L most days throu there saw so quite handy filling a 20L or 2 + couple of combi cans at wknd and mixing it up so u know  everything is mixed and u have plenty for the coming week. Just a simple case of pouring it into ur combi, no faffing about after work

Easy to forget if u come home and put feet up

1 hour ago, monkeybusiness said:

My tractor will use 25l an hour when mulching, and it’s only 150hp! 

but whats your working RPM, ?, lad i was felling edge trees for after christmas works his machine at 14-1500 rpm but he did say if he worked it at 1800-2000rpm fuel comsumpion went up to 40 ltrs,

I don't use as much gas hedge laying as some of you chaps so I only have one 20 L Plastic jerry can. Never had any bother filling it up anywhere. Have seen signs prohibiting the filling of metal cans - presumably because, in theory, a steel can could spark when banged on the ground.

I also tend to avoid supermarket fuels. My Grand Vitara is prone to dpf clogging so I only use non-supermarket premium diesel. Runs far better. If I get caught short and have to use supermarket regular I use 2 stroke oil as an additive to make it burn hotter and cleaner. Paraffin works as well (Warning - don't try this in a common rail diesel engine). Consequently I generally only use main brand petrol for the saw as well.