My mate was arrested to day .

Stubby

2 hours ago, Stubby said:

In short my mate has a few acres of land on an old nursery that he has converted to a dog training facility , dog swimming , dog agility etc etc you know the kinda thing .  He is walking the fields he owns with his air rifle ( a .177 I think , non FAC )  . Rabbit  control . All of a sudden 3 X long dogs come barreling past chasing deer . They go through the hedge onto his neighbors land and shortly return to his . There is NO foot path any where on this land . A woman appears and clearly they are her dogs . He asks her to get her dogs under control and then leave his property .  10 mins later an armed response unit turns up , blue lights everywhere . He is arrested and held in the custody suit of Chichester police station . So far with out charge .  I would guess that she has accused him of threatening to shoot the dogs or worse   but I know him and that is not his thing . He loves dogs . Its his lively hood after all . What do you guys think ? 

should be her in the police station as hunting/chasing deer with dogs is not leagle and on some one elses land is poaching any way, and why his he there ? it should be her ? monday morning we where out goosing got back to my mates car wich was parked just in through a gate when we got back there was a note on the windscreen which read STOP SHOOTING HERE i know your car next time it will be your dog, 2 trail cameras going in the hedge next time one either side so will catch them and go from there, but one thing i will say is that it will be some one who has just moved to the area and dont like what goes on in the country,a woman has been to the farm and asked if he could stop spreading shit near her house Tony just said yes i will. going for my dinner now, then carried on afterwards and she was there again got totally blanked, letter of her day after, Tony just said silly bitch, 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stubby said:

They let him go last night with out charge but still under investigation .

If I was him, I would be getting my solicitor to issue her with a letter stating in no uncertain terms that she is prohibited from entering his property. I would also consider a suit for malicious prosecution by her, assuming no charge is laid.

• Like 2

Just now, eggsarascal said:

Pending further enquirers, read, got absolutely nothing on him.

Yea . Its just a She said / he said now . The undeniable fact though is her trespass , with dogs , running down deer .......Poaching ? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stubby said:

OOeerrr ! . That's a strange one .  So you could have a co-terminus smooth bore ticket , FAC ticket  ( even if your FAC is a 30ft lbs Air gun )and  an " air gun " ticket ?

Don’t know if a FAC air rifle would actually cover lower powered air rifles as the one on the FAC would only list the serial no of the high powered one.

i have a FAC for rim fire and centre fire rifles and a shotgun licence for my shotguns. I still needed an air rifle licence. Bit of a joke, but maybe an attempt by the government to quantify all firearms in public hands.

i think the one air rifle licence does allow more than one, but it won’t include those with a higher muzzle velocity. Those still need a FAC

Edited by Baldbloke

7 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Yea . Its just a She said / he said now . The undeniable fact though is her trespass , with dogs , running down deer .......Poaching ? 

I'm half sure trespass isn't a criminal offence. If your mate wants a row that's down to him. I don't think poaching is a flyer. Probably best left for a tale down the pub.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I'm half sure trespass isn't a criminal offence. If your mate wants a row that's down to him. I don't think poaching is a flyer. Probably best left for a tale down the pub.

Correct. It's only a criminal matter when it's armed trespass or done in breach of an existing restriction like on an airfield or similar.

4 minutes ago, felixthelogchopper said:

Correct. It's only a criminal matter when it's armed trespass or done in breach of an existing restriction like on an airfield or similar.

Armed with 3 long dogs ?  I'm pretty sure she was not poaching , equally  I'm pretty sure he did not threaten to shoot dogs/her  but if she wants to ply dirty ....

Edited by Stubby