Minimum bar size

dangerous brian

I know its not quite the same, but we run a 15" on the 066.

Run whatever combination you like really, just make sure bars, chains, and sprockets all match up.

Thats all well and good, but you dont want the saw over-revving with too small a bar on it.:001_smile:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carb settings limit the revs not the load on the engine dictated by the bar length. I'd like to put a 13" on a 880 !!! Holding max rpm with no load for an excessive duration is of course a recipe for bore damage.

Cheers John. Never knew that was the case.....I understood the carb was responsible, but always laboured under the misapprehension that the bar was to do with it too.:001_smile:

sorry :blushing: It's like putting a monster V8 in a mini - sure it'll reach max rpm in a flash but really the engine should have control of it's rpm not the transmission / load / other it's married to! Kind of like our wives wishing they could, actually no I won't say that!

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Yes please!!

The chap i work with has a spare ms880,which we were wondering what the smallest bar we could run on it ideally a 26 inch bar,for super fast logging on big jobs anyone ever tried this and is it safe.:001_huh:

working the 17" bar on the 84 sounds fun!

but the 30" on the 88 is fine, you want to cut more?

take a smaller dinner break!

if your wood is organised better you'll cut as much.

rise earlier,

buy some work lights, if it gets dark to early.

relax bro...:001_cool: