Tipper or 4x4 with tipper trailer?

Jwoodgardenmaintenance

18 minutes ago, nepia said:

Well you type good English for a dyslexic; well done.

Perseverance will pay.  I know a lad in exactly the same situation a few years back; kept failing his theory because of his dyslexia but got there in the end.

Mind you he did recently lose the front left wheel off his Defender at 70mph on the M25 so maybe you should take a taxi! ?

Thank you spell check helps a bit so i dont look like a fool haha i cant find any taxi drivers wanting to tow a mini digger behind them and fill the boot with sand and cement ?? 

10 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

have you done one and failed..

if not research the subject till you're blue in the face, practice likely questions..,  get comfortable running through mock senarios....   I haven't done one myself but heard it isn't hard..   

somethin to practice on, familiarize yourself on whats expected..

Ive been in and done it twice now keep passing the hazard perception but on the actual questions i keep failing it by 2 or 3 questions so just need to keep trying it isnt hard to answer them the hardest part is actually trying to read the questions

28 minutes ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

Ive been in and done it twice now keep passing the hazard perception but on the actual questions i keep failing it by 2 or 3 questions so just need to keep trying it isnt hard to answer them the hardest part is actually trying to read the questions

surely there must be a work around for people with this problem..  

found it...   https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/taking-your-theory-test-if-you-have-special-requirements

says you can opt for help on tests if you can't spell that good... mind you you'd still have to pass the test mind....   

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Batteries are only improving.  You might be surprised what they are capable of in another 10 years 

yes duracell the best by far , today they will run a kidds toy all day for about 2 days, god knows how long in 10 years.? i will just get some ear plugs,

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vespasian said:

surely there must be a work around for people with this problem..  

found it...   https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/taking-your-theory-test-if-you-have-special-requirements

says you can opt for help on tests if you can't spell that good... mind you you'd still have to pass the test mind....   

I had the voiceover on the 2nd time and it speaks to fast so i cant get a chance to think about the answer im gonna phone them tomorrow and see if they can suggest anything the reason i cant get proper support is because my school told me i had dyslexia but they never diagnosed me so i havent got the proof and i cant get intouch with my school as it was demolished 2 years ago now ?

15 minutes ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

I had the voiceover on the 2nd time and it speaks to fast so i cant get a chance to think about the answer im gonna phone them tomorrow and see if they can suggest anything the reason i cant get proper support is because my school told me i had dyslexia but they never diagnosed me so i havent got the proof and i cant get intouch with my school as it was demolished 2 years ago now ?

They may ave demolished your school, I doubt they demolished your school records.. try the local authority..   maybe a letter from a professional..  your doctor maybe..

You could practice listening to questions as well..   have someone ask you questions as a bit of practice..   take a highway code to work and have questions delivered when you get a couple of minutes...

put yourself on a timer to create the same conditions as a test....   

bear in mind the test isn't there to catch you out, its designed to see how safe you're likely to be driving on the roads..     they'll want you to pass more than yourself..  bear that in mind it might relax you on a test..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

If you feel you're really getting nowhere PM me and I'll ask advice from a family member who happens to be a former chairman of the Dyslexia Institute. ?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

Thats the book ive been using on my tests the main questions i have failed on is signs and red route 

1542821983991-156923369.jpg

Ha, didn't even know there was such a thing as a red route..  just shows how much crap is crammed into the highway code...

Anyway, good tip for you.................  memory aid if you will.    all the easy ones that you know, put em to one side and concentrate on the harder ones..   example... dual carriageway ends..

think of someone or something whose name begins with R..  Thats a reference to the red triangle.. if you know some one called Richard imagine him one hundred foot tall, inside the red triangle is what might be a pair of legs..  now the trick is to link those images with what it means on the sign..

The more outrageous the images you can muster the more likely you'll remember it...

You've a hundred foot image of a friend/Richard having a duel with a naked pair of womens legs...  sort of link that to the actual sign....    invent a system to link all round signs and all the others so its easy to retrieve from this index you intend to create...

Its a common trick used by people who used to perform memory tricks on stage..  it works.   just so long as you put some effort into it....   

Once you have an index of exaggerated images on file you can ask your friends to test you on them..