Stihl V's Husqvarna, Landrover V's Hilux

daveindales

I read these forum's most days; and have come across a lot of good advice over the time Iv'e been a member. However, I personally do get a bit sick of people knocking certain makes of equipment. Stihl V's Husqvarna, Landrover V's Hilux/L200, Jenson V's Timberwolf.

I'm 40 years old and have been in this business since I was 15; but according to some members I use chainsaws that drop to bits (orange one's), I drive a Jap pickup that's not a patch on a Landrover, and I use a Tinnywolf chippper.

Don't mean to upset anyone. Has anyone elso got any opinions on this?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, those of us who have had to endure thread after thread debating exactly what you have just described know how you feel mate. At the end of the day though this is a place for opinions to be expressed, and there is no way that everyone out of 4000 odd members will agree. Galling sometimes, but just the way it is.:001_smile:

Everyone has there own opinions on machines, and there own experiences with them to.

For me, ive used huskys and had problems, ive used stihls and had no problems, this is why I use STIHL

I have driven hiluxs and landrovers, i need a vechial thats capable off road. I have got hiluxs stuck where landrovers have driven through with ease. So I drive a LANDROVER

:) Everyone is different... i wouldnt worry about how people talk about your kit. If it works for you then its fine.

Others opinions are usually just backed up by there oen personal preference plus there own experiences, good or bad.

There are always loads of threads as you say XXX V XXX but they never bother me since you never know what new bit of info you might glean from them.

" I wouldnt buy XXXX since I had the same model and XXXX happened to it"

Never know might come in handy.

There will be plenty more in the future so best not to worry about the comments or dont read them. :001_smile:

Just my opinion though:001_tongue:

yeah i find it strange have bad experiences with husky ,stihls ,landrovers,hilux's,mitsi's,mogs ,trannys ,ldv's,timberwolfs,vermeers....

but at the end of the day you get what you pay for and its all about how you look after it.....if its a premature fault and has cost me time and money i like to shout about it though!