Using a different pitch chain on a saw.

warren

I have 100m of 3/8 .058 chain that i use for a husky xp372. If i brought a stihl that should run 3/8 .063 could i use that chain? I'm guessing i need to change the bar... Would i need to change the sproket too?
TIA.

The pitch is exactly the same 3/8. The gauge is different 0.58/ 0.63- like stubby says it will rock in the bar, not ideal but it would work. Your best bet is to buy another husky rather than a stihl[emoji106]

As you said, you will have to change your bar on the stihl to one with the stihl mount but with a gauge of 0.58, sprocket will be ok to run the chain you mention. Rob d on here www.chainsawbars.co.uk would be the one to ask, just buy the stihl without a bar from your dealer and then get a bar from Rob if he has one to suit.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  

• Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.