Guy nearly gets flung out a tree haha

Harrison2604

no what he is doing! ha ha. thats why he is on utube like a numpty, dont blame the groundy, he cut right to the hinge and just sat back, if he had made an open hinge and didnt cut as much and push it over it wouldnt of built up so much momentum, he is the one who tied it on, he is the one who cut the tree so he is responsible for the mess he made of it, it wasnt even that big a wobble, he was that relaxed about the whole thing he waet ready for a big wobble because he didnt know it was coming. as i said, you can tell from his stupid one hand antics with the back cut that he is too complacent. is doesnt matter how big the trees are, if you cant take the head out a skinny pine on a sunny day you shouldnt be up there.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no what he is doing! ha ha. thats why he is on utube like a numpty, dont blame the groundy, he cut right to the hinge and just sat back, if he had made an open hinge and didnt cut as much and push it over it wouldnt of built up so much momentum, he is the one who tied it on, he is the one who cut the tree so he is responsible for the mess he made of it, it wasnt even that big a wobble, he was that relaxed about the whole thing he waet ready for a big wobble because he didnt know it was coming. as i said, you can tell from his stupid one hand antics with the back cut that he is too complacent. is doesnt matter how big the trees are, if you cant take the head out a skinny pine on a sunny day you shouldnt be up there.

PMS ? lol

Hmmm... don't think I'd agree with you there. :001_tongue: The one handed back cut is wrong but I don't see him push it over. Also he quickly snaps his saw back on and then grabs a hold of the peg so he wasn't being that complacent. I think it's just a really tall skinny tree which exaggerated the wobble badly.

Hmmm... don't think I'd agree with you there. :001_tongue: The one handed back cut is wrong but I don't see him push it over. Also he quickly snaps his saw back on and then grabs a hold of the peg so he wasn't being that complacent. I think it's just a really tall skinny tree which exaggerated the wobble badly.

sorry Rob if it wasnt that clear, what i meant is he shouldnt of cut so much in the back cut, let it have a better hold and push it over with more control so it doesnt build up too much momento, if i am doing stuff like that i always keep as much control as possible, even holding the butt as it goes over and not letting it break until it is vertical(open gob helps this). Do you know what i mean??:001_smile:

sorry Rob if it wasnt that clear, what i meant is he shouldnt of cut so much in the back cut, let it have a better hold and push it over with more control so it doesnt build up too much momento, if i am doing stuff like that i always keep as much control as possible, even holding the butt as it goes over and not letting it break until it is vertical(open gob helps this). Do you know what i mean??:001_smile:

To be honest mate cutting the hinge lessens the flick.

If you let the hinge snap it tends to bend the stem much more before letting go, IME.

To be honest mate cutting the hinge lessens the flick.

If you let the hinge snap it tends to bend the stem much more before letting go, IME.

i here you dave, but every tree govans a slightly different approach, by the time you get to the top you know how its playing, if you think it will need a last minute tickle or an extra hold you will be ready for it, the fact that he had a good bit of distance(not huge) for slack, then i wouldnt of just cut to the death and watch it go, hence the result in the video, in a sticky pine with a bit of pushing you can let it sit horizontal resting on the hinge.:001_smile:but the guy either learned a huge lesson or hung up his spikes:biggrin:

I know what you mean... he could have left a thicker hinge and let it go over slowly with more control but sometimes that can pull the top way over and then it will pang like a banjo!

In the wonderful world of hindsight he would prob not have taken such a big section! But like you say sometimes you never know until you're up there.... I feel a bit sorry for him as it's one of the most watched tree type clips on youtube.

Something he'll never be allowed to forget!