Cord prices

Brushcutter

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be £39 + vat delivered. If we pay more we wont make anything. If prices keep rising I will give it a rest for a year or two. I cant charge more for the logs people have little money in their pockets as it is and the price of oil is low. If cord wood keeps rising they will kill the market for themselves.

by the rate wood is NOT going out, i think we aready have killed the market, sales this year are pretty dire, with little repeat custom (mainly new fire installs i'm suppling)

alredy looking into ending an era:thumbdown:

by the rate wood is NOT going out, i think we aready have killed the market, sales this year are pretty dire, with little repeat custom (mainly new fire installs i'm suppling)

wait until the price of oil goes up...??

If it stays mild and price of oil stays low. I think it could be a bit slow. But hold on tight if it gets cold in jan and feb it will fly out. Most people ran out last winter and their is not much seasoned about. lots of new wood burners installed :thumbup1:

Rather variable quality and size dave.

What processor u got.

2 days for 2 men or 4 days on your own, quicker if yu leave that front rack of oversize on.even earnshaws sell oversize cheaper.

thatl keep you bizy for a week, how much did that load weight :001_smile:

Just short of 26T on that load

Will all be cut into 3ft lengths and split into billets for easy stacking and seasoning. Cut to length on bench saw next winter as it goes out

Rather variable quality and size dave.

What processor u got.

2 days for 2 men or 4 days on your own, quicker if yu leave that front rack of oversize on.even earnshaws sell oversize cheaper.

Just wanted to make sure had some for next year and it isn't easy to come by at the moment round here

If it stays mild and price of oil stays low. I think it could be a bit slow. But hold on tight if it gets cold in jan and feb it will fly out. Most people ran out last winter and their is not much seasoned about. lots of new wood burners installed :thumbup1:

Perhaps oil is not the direct competitor / comparison for us all. 5 customers this week have told me that they are switcing from coal to logs as the price of coal has gone up by at least 20%. this is in north east scotland .....not sure what other areas are like.