Might be doing cs32 soon

Stere

At ABA, we have to prove our technical skill level is at the top. We have to pass the qualification ourselves at an A, A+ level, we are also validated at least every 2 years although it seems to be more like every six months! Our learning outcomes meet and exceed the national ocupation standards in the uk. We are also pro active, for example we have added assisted fell to our ECC2 course and include srt methods and equipment into our Arborist courses. We train and assess people who work for local authorities, large corporate bodies, self employed individuals, we have industry recognised insurance (TRUST, who have carried out their own independent assessment of our standards) we demonstrate at all industry events (IE the APF most recently, working alongside DART), but most importantly as well as being assessors we work in the industry and ask, talk to & listen to the people who we work with.

The legal requirement in the Uk is for an employer to provide proof of adequete training, the rest I think is up to us as professionals to define what that translates into.

David 0793670175

• 1 month later...

Whar size saw would people recommend using on c32 only have a ea4300 think it will be underpowered in comparison to  others on course may be using & don't want to overheat it making it struggle cutting big diameter stuff.

I know is says 15" or 18" bar but they don't mention saw size.

Thinking of getting the ea7900

Whar size saw would people recommend using on c32 only have a ea4300 think it will be underpowered in comparison to  others on course may be using & don't want to overheat it making it struggle cutting big diameter stuff.

I know is says 15" or 18" bar but they don't mention saw size.

Thinking of getting the ea7900
I think you'll find 15" will be 50cc saws on the whole so maybe you will be a bit underpowered. My thought is that if you are actually going to do larger trees after the course then you will want a bigger saw and a 7900 would be an investment.

Best plan either way though will be chat with training centre you choose, if you borrow a saw would give you the chance to try out different sizes - 7900 will take a bit of getting used to compared to 4300 as it's a big step up in weight and cutting forces.

• 2 months later...

Well I passed.

Little saw did ok apart from one 3ft diamter  beech  tree where it was taking ages to trim butresses (against the grain)  so used instructors  362 saw...

Windblown next hopefully.

Any books worth getting for abit extra infos about felling etc to expand on the LANTRA course book?

Edited by Stere
  • Like 1