Look out!

Shane

21 hours ago, openspaceman said:

That's bad, how did you manage to work again? Did you ride again?

Not rode again . Would not be fair to put my family through that again . Been riding since I was about 12 or 13 and it happened when I was 50 so motorcycling does not owe me anything ! Still miss it though .  Track days  mostly .  Work took a long time to get back into and was never the same . I seem to have to work much harder to keep up . I was on a 2000 fire blade . The first of the fuel injected ones .  A Matchless G 15 would be nice . Or a Manx , or a DBD34  Gold star !

On 06/09/2018 at 09:25, Stubby said:

Not rode again . Would not be fair to put my family through that again . Been riding since I was about 12 or 13 and it happened when I was 50 so motorcycling does not owe me anything ! Still miss it though . 

I only rode as a youngster I stopped commuting by bike around 1976 and that was a purely practical one, D14/4. Changed the main bearings after work on the kitchen table and back to work on it the next day.

Track days  mostly . 

I never have been on a racing track.

Work took a long time to get back into and was never the same . I seem to have to work much harder to keep up . I was on a 2000 fire blade . The first of the fuel injected ones .  A Matchless G 15 would be nice . Or a Manx , or a DBD34  Gold star !

Much the same after I had a mishap on the tractor, lost so much trade that business never did pick up again, struggled on for 10 years then got a management job.

I made a mistake about the Matchless, it was a G2 250 I was on the back, I was confusing it with the BSA C15 another mate had, I thought both of them were tame compared with  my 250 Enfield.

Yes I would have loved a AJS 7R or Mathless G50 but the Manx Norton  was the pinnacle of 1940s design, much in common with the merlin engine, less supercharger.

I loved the looks of the DBD34 and Velocette  Venom but they were the epitomy of post war management  not willing to re invest profits into machinery and research which was prevalent as Britain struggled to recover from  demands from the US.

Not rode again . Would not be fair to put my family through that again . Been riding since I was about 12 or 13 and it happened when I was 50 so motorcycling does not owe me anything ! Still miss it though .  Track days  mostly .  Work took a long time to get back into and was never the same . I seem to have to work much harder to keep up . I was on a 2000 fire blade . The first of the fuel injected ones .  A Matchless G 15 would be nice . Or a Manx , or a DBD34  Gold star !

Which track is local to you Stubby? Used to do a bit of racing / spannering about 10yrs ago, sold my last road bike for three windows and a door [emoji24]

My last one went to get cash for a tractor, tbh the way people drive these days I don’t miss it. 

Also I was occasionally a bit of a twat myself on the bike and couldn’t afford to be not working if things went wrong. Once they started putting lap timers on bikes it was getting silly!

Miss the crack and camaraderie massively but can’t go to the racing or rally in a car really!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ratman said:

Which track is local to you Stubby? Used to do a bit of racing / spannering about 10yrs ago, sold my last road bike for three windows and a door emoji24.png

Goodwood is my local track . A few minutes walk . There are are all the old above bikes blatting round there this weekend as it happens . Its the Goodwood revival .  The Barry Shen memorial Trophy . Combined score over the 2 days ,

• Like 1