Thieves!

forestboy1978

Forestboy I understand your concerns.
Does home invasion happen a lot where you live?
When I lived in London, a crack dealer moved into the middle floor of our small block.
Regularly at 3-5am he'd get turned over by other nutters.
I've spent hours peering through an eyehole with a katana in my hands.
With good reason.
One evening some guys came out of crackheads flat, kicked the flat door opposite off the hinges and robbed the place.
Whilst the couple who lived there were in.
Shit does happen.
Get a good solid British oak door and frame.
[emoji106]

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Rough Hewn said:

Forestboy I understand your concerns.
Does home invasion happen a lot where you live?
When I lived in London, a crack dealer moved into the middle floor of our small block.
Regularly at 3-5am he'd get turned over by other nutters.
I've spent hours peering through an eyehole with a katana in my hands.
With good reason.
One evening some guys came out of crackheads flat, kicked the flat door opposite off the hinges and robbed the place.
Whilst the couple who lived there were in.
Shit does happen.
Get a good solid British oak door and frame.
emoji106.png

Nope, but I have an exceptionally fine soon to be Mrs Forestboy and 1% of the population are clinically psychopathic and shit does happen. 

Not only to wrongins... 

13 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Everything in context, is that the word I'm looking for?

Lets face it, most normal, decent people do not get their house invaded by wrong'uns, yes it does happen, but I've been about a bit and have never come across anyone that it's happened to. If you are a wrong'un I'd imagine there is more chance of it happening.

Talking of wrong’uns, this thread reminded me of a couple of lads going round robbing grows a bit back. 

One of them thought that an air pistol would a useful intimidation tool. Until kicking someone’s door in to find a gorilla with a sawn off shotgun waiting. :vroam:

• Like 2

You’d be amazed what adrenaline can do, forget the pellet guns, if your gonna shoot someone shoot them, that’s all I’m saying cause if anything happens in the future you can bet this thread will be read to anyone of us in court. Country’s gone mad

The poor citizens of the USA think they are protecting themselves by owning a gun.  In reality in most years over 10,000 people are illegally killed with firearms in the USA and double that number commit suicide by using a gun each year. 

Even the number killed by accidental discharge is higher than the total firearms deaths in the UK.

There are not many things that make me proud to be British, but general lack of guns in our society is one of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sheepy said:

You’d be amazed what adrenaline can do, forget the pellet guns, if your gonna shoot someone shoot them, that’s all I’m saying cause if anything happens in the future you can bet this thread will be read to anyone of us in court. Country’s gone mad

No I wouldn't. I know what it can do! Not enough for a direct hit to the knee not to put you down in excruciating pain. And if you miss. You have 15 more shots.

I don't care what anyone says. Hardcore drugs aside, no human can shake off the pain of a chipped knee cap or use that leg once it's chipped and this thing will crack a knee cap.

That's all you have to do. Fire 16 shots at the legs and feet. Game over. Some people use these things to kill small game, rabbits etc. To do that you have to pierce bone or enter vital organs through skin and flesh. 3 or 4 or these even buried into the quad muscles will be any human being incapacitated unless on drugs, amphetamines particularly.      

4 minutes ago, Squaredy said:

The poor citizens of the USA think they are protecting themselves by owning a gun.  In reality in most years over 10,000 people are illegally killed with firearms in the USA and double that number commit suicide by using a gun each year. 

Even the number killed by accidental discharge is higher than the total firearms deaths in the UK.

There are not many things that make me proud to be British, but general lack of guns in our society is one of them.

Don't disagree with this at all but I do think this is not the same thing and that's why they are legal. 

I wouldn't want a multi loading crossbow for example if one existed as they are too lethal. 

Ideally a tazer or pepper spray but they are illegal also.