Wannabe Arborist

Delmonte

I understand what you are saying, and yes, qualifications are important. More so now than ever.
But.
I learnt more about tree work from a guy in the eighties though, who didn't have a qualification to his name. He also didn't have a chipper at the time, but that's another story!!!

I always remember my driving instructor telling me that when i pass and get my license, it’s important to remember that i should think of it as a license to begin learning safely...something that i have tried to impart to my own kids....experience counts for a lot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Delmonte said:

It’s a fair comment that i would agree with but from what i understand he does all the work himself.

This isn't what you said in your original post.

You said, non of the staff are actually certified arborists.

Is he a one man band or does he employ people to do the jobs that he sources?

Edited by eggsarascal

This isn't what you said in your original post.

You said, non of the staff are actually certified arborists.

Is he a one man band or does he employ people to do the jobs that he sources?

He portrays himself as a company with 5 employees (on his website) but from what ive seen on his FB site its just him and a groundie on jobs...when i asked him why he portrays himself as leading arborists but doesn’t actually have any certified ones on staff, his answer was “that its not a protected job title and he can call himself what he wants and anyway he has 2 certified ETW who are not listed...if this wasn’t to my standards then i could get f_cked”...personally i think he’s full of shit because it costs a lot of money to have staff in norway and he’d have to turning over close to half a mill just to pay for his 7 staff...unfortunately there isn’t that amount of work in the region for that....there are ways to verify this, but as i have said in reply to another post, I’m not that bothered, irked but to no more degree than stepping in dogshit...again it was mainly a feel for what is considered industry standard in other parts of the world.

Is it true that the Nordic peoples have a lower tolerance for bullshit compared to Anglo Saxons? (And Celts) I only mention it bacause I've occasionally been corrected by Germanic type friends for exaggerating or generalising. I think it's quite funny! [emoji16] 

Haha I’m not sure if its a lower tolerance for bullshit..its more the need to always be correct....the tall poppy syndrome is an integral part of the Norwegian psyche...as Bart Simpson calls it Norwegians are norwads

1 minute ago, Delmonte said:

Ok...but why?

Perhaps because you come across like a busy body, (I nearly typed something else). Contacting a company, digging into their FB page/website. How about minding your own business? After all you did say their work didn't have any affect on the company you work for.

Dunno, checking out other companies is sensible practise ( you may need to employ them one day ) you don't have to have any certification to be a good arb '  ( some of my best work in the past was done unqualified ) but it's gonna put you up there with the guys who know. K