the best thing since sliced bread

Stephen Blair

To be fair we used to carry about 30 stakes, and around 6 50 mtr rolls of rabbit fencing on it. Couldn't fit any more than that, it did lift but you knew it was there. Plus if you turned the slew ring you would knock a load of stuff off, the height for a bin isn't there.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get worrying about the Blade ram, it will lift a lot more than you really want to be exerting down on your idlers long term anyway?

The point was to move a bit of kit about with you not use it for shifting spoil anyway which is a different application all together in my opinion, better suited to the Digga Bara.

However being kind, there is another solution? It's a halfway house affair between the two, used on Bobcat machines, but once you've seen it you'll see where I'm coming from?

You obviously won't be able to tip it (that could be incorporated no real issues) but as you will see you could have a mounting you simply hooked up with the blade and this baby will travel with you sharing a bit of the work?

A reasonable fabricator and a scour on e bay for the tyres should have this well under a Digga Bara cost?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTc-P03VK1s]Bobcat Dumping Hopper Attachment - YouTube[/ame]

Eddie.

• 8 months later...

Based on my earlier cardboard template I made this out of an old farm gate, works amazingly well. All held together with cheapo small nuts & bolts. Eventually it bent a bit when I loaded it up a bit too silly with a massive load of half composted brash. I think a welded version would last a very long time.

One day I'll make a version that can be tipped (so it pivots off the back edge).

This photo is with 3 buckets of soil in the dozer loader +1 bucket of soil at the front to help balance it out:

image.jpg.2d7a79b883643f63bc29e7f6f25d3827.jpg

If you're going to make it properly and use weld rather than bolts, for God's sake put some wheels on the thing. You will kill your running gear in no time like that.

Driven on flat, even ground and at a slow speed it's absolutely fine, but carrying heavy stuff regularly definitely needs a dedicated trailer. Cheers, steve

Lovely digger Steve, just like my old one, really hankering after another one. No doubt Doobin is right, some wheels would probably be a sensible option- even one wheel under neath like a giant castor wheel would relieve the digger of some weight, but when I used to think what my digger was put through it never seemed to die. Great machines!

I really like the trailer that Eddie posted a while back, the blue Swedish one with a hardox body- great combo for a three toner I reckon!

I only took a look at this thread out of idle curiosity, my only relatively inexperienced (but recent experience) would be that rubber tracks are VERY limited in respect of their traction/flotation capabilities.

Having had an 8 tonne rubber track Hitachi on hire recently.

Quite perplexing how much worse they are than the equivalent steel tracks.

Working in peat mind, not really wet peat, but wet enough to be slippery though.

And recalling the oh-so-nearly badly bogged 10 tonner on rubber tracks that came back to the same site in v similar weather about a year later on steel tracks instead, and performed like a different digger entirely.

Same professional operator in both cases btw.

marcus