AHS Large capacity mobile crane/chipper in action! only £450K!!

Beezy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Jerry, I forget that arbworks is you :wink:

For what you paid, and the setup you have, I think you made exactly the right decision.

I was very impressed with the hiezo chippertruck, far better than the Jenz.

In fact I discovered recently that some German contractors are converting their Hiezo's to run 4 large heavy duty blades.

I scrapped a big Erjo last year. Got sick of it sitting round in bits. :001_rolleyes:

Arbworks, my dynamic had 4 big blades, I could change / turn all 4 in 8 minutes, and would do so every 4 hours of chipping. I've heard the story of blunt hiezo's continuing to chip, and I prefer to stick to the laws of physics.

I dont particularly like Musmax chippers, seen a few working and not particularly impressed by their performance, size, or price tag.

I guess I like a chipper thats simple, strong, easy to maintain, and has minimal components. My dynamic 565 could produce endless perfect G30 or G50 chip with NO screen, and out of logs, brash, bark or brashmats. That chipper was under £80K brand new and came WITH a 270hp cummins engine, and would out perform a 400hp jenz costing 3 times as much.

ED, can you get the dynamic in 3 point linkage version?

I'm not a huge fan of the Hiezohack, but AHS were offered the blue Hiezo chippertruck at the APF for just over £200K complete. I think that was way better than the jenz performance wise, and in a different galaxy on price.

They were actually offered if at £290K and at the time the pound was some what stronger, so it would have been rather more now, also that was NOT a new machine.