AHS Large capacity mobile crane/chipper in action! only £450K!!

Beezy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jenz 561 chipper, bag of crap. Not sure who told you the price, factory list with all options is £360K

Your right about the manouverability though, definately the way forward.

Was talking to Ross from AHS today and it cost £420k, but is still not the perfect chipping solution. I'd go front fed terrain chipper every time myself. What type of chipper do feel is best Ed?

Dont know Ross, but I know Nick the owner of AHS, and I saw the original quote for the machine.

Plenty of chippers I prefer, Dynamic, Bruks, Erjo, Morbark, Bandit, CBI.

The chippertruck is a very elegant soluton to the issues of sze and access, but the Jenz machine is just WAY too expensive.

I'm not a huge fan of the Hiezohack, but AHS were offered the blue Hiezo chippertruck at the APF for just over £200K complete. I think that was way better than the jenz performance wise, and in a different galaxy on price.

Dont know Ross, but I know Nick the owner of AHS, and I saw the original quote for the machine.

Plenty of chippers I prefer, Dynamic, Bruks, Erjo, Morbark, Bandit, CBI.

The chippertruck is a very elegant soluton to the issues of sze and access, but the Jenz machine is just WAY too expensive.

I'm not a huge fan of the Hiezohack, but AHS were offered the blue Hiezo chippertruck at the APF for just over £200K complete. I think that was way better than the jenz performance wise, and in a different galaxy on price.

Any experiance with mus-max chippers ed?

I think the hiezo chipper one from the apf is at anglian wood fuels now, I had a sit in it at apf to see operator position and recce crane controls etc it all seemed good, big chippers depend on what you want to do with them and where you want to take them, how able you are at keeping them going/sharp on site, I have witnessed a service truck c/w commpressed air and 3 operatives etc just keeping big bladed chipper running on site ie bruks erjo, there is an advantage in small bladed chippers in that with unwanted mud stones etc getting in with trunks and brush they seem to keep going longer and can chip albeit with reduced capacity when blunt , our hiezo hack will still process material even when completely blunt, this is an advantage in say site clearance situation.

I scrapped a big Erjo last year. Got sick of it sitting round in bits. :001_rolleyes:

Arbworks, my dynamic had 4 big blades, I could change / turn all 4 in 8 minutes, and would do so every 4 hours of chipping. I've heard the story of blunt hiezo's continuing to chip, and I prefer to stick to the laws of physics.

I dont particularly like Musmax chippers, seen a few working and not particularly impressed by their performance, size, or price tag.

I guess I like a chipper thats simple, strong, easy to maintain, and has minimal components. My dynamic 565 could produce endless perfect G30 or G50 chip with NO screen, and out of logs, brash, bark or brashmats. That chipper was under £80K brand new and came WITH a 270hp cummins engine, and would out perform a 400hp jenz costing 3 times as much.

Edited by Mr Ed

I scrapped a big Erjo last year. Got sick of it sitting round in bits. :001_rolleyes:

Arbworks, my dynamic had 4 big blades, I could change / turn all 4 in 8 minutes, and would do so every 4 hours of chipping. I've heard the story of blunt hiezo's continuing to chip, and I prefer to stick to the laws of physics.

I dont particularly like Musmax chippers, seen a few working and not particularly impressed by their performance, size, or price tag.

I guess I like a chipper thats simple, strong, easy to maintain, and has minimal components. My dynamic 565 could produce endless perfect G30 or G50 chip with NO screen, and out of logs, brash, bark or brashmats. That chipper was under £80K brand new and came WITH a 270hp cummins engine, and would out perform a 400hp jenz costing 3 times as much.

ed, did you get it fixed ,where al the bits still there :001_smile:

Cheers ed, only reason i asked is a chap down by me has got one for producing woodchip. He seems happy with it, and i thought it looked good but i have nothing to compare it to, im no expert... :)

Nigel Dunn Wood Chipping Service