Mozza

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Liam, the answer is in your Avatar :wink:

Good thread though, I've been trying to get a decent flask for ages. We carry a small dumpy lpg cylinder, gas ring and kettle with us, and a selection of tea and coffee, sugar etc. (chai spiced tea being my drink of choice)

Do you make it from scratch or buy the T- bags? Developed a bit of a taste for Chai in India, excellent hot weather drink (natch!), not so good for yer teeth.

Regards flasks, been looking for a decent wide mouth one for ages, for soup/stews etc.. Don't bother with a flask for work, always brew fresh. I'm not a coffee drinker, and tea tastes shite however you try it with a flask - Kelly kettle all the way.:thumbup1:

Do you make it from scratch or buy the T- bags? Developed a bit of a taste for Chai in India, excellent hot weather drink (natch!), not so good for yer teeth.

Regards flasks, been looking for a decent wide mouth one for ages, for soup/stews etc.. Don't bother with a flask for work, always brew fresh. I'm not a coffee drinker, and tea tastes shite however you try it with a flask - Kelly kettle all the way.:thumbup1:

Aye pal i agree, Ive got a kelly but as i say, I cant get a small fire going on every job!! Think ill request a jetboil for Xmas :thumbup1:

yeh the jet boils do rule, but the msr can take nearly any fuel and you know you got fuel with you!

more stable too

check out msr 'dragon fly' and if the cash will allow it the ' whisper lite'

which is amazing, ive run it on everthing.

oh and i agree chai is amazing, gotta get your honey on with that stuff!

Edited by jonathan hall

I've got an old msr wisperlite, 20 years old I think but its had a new pump. It is usually in the car or truck. I just recently bought a one litre pan with heat diffuser. I boiled a litre in 3 minutes which matches the jet boil.

One cant slum it you know, been known to cook up some mussels for breakfast on site too!:biggrin:

:blushing:For years i took a portable gas stove- the type that takes the canisters that look like aerosol cans- with me, with a percolator jug, load of cold water and ground coffee and sugar etc etc...I hate instant coffee and flask stewed tea is an acquired taste i reckon...:001_tongue:

Aladdin flasks were what i found to be the toughest and best for keeping warm, but it really is essential to pre-warm the flask with boiling water, for as long as you can. I used to fill the flask when i made my 'wake-up' brew, and then leave it till just before i went out of the door and then re-fill it with fresh boiling water or soup or whatever i was taking. Still piping hot at the end of the day, even on really long days working into the night.:001_smile:

The pre-bagged stuff isnt toooo bad, as long as you cook it for quite a while with the milk and sugar in the pan at the same time, but you cant beat the real thing. I have a friend in N.cornwall who hails from india, and she has cooked it from scratch and with bags....from scratch is best, but bags arent too bad:001_smile: