Tree surgeons fined after excessive pruning of protected copper beech

David Humphries

It’s good that this has cost them but let’s be fair that £600 odd is probably not going to be much of a deterrent. I find it hard to believe the customer wasn’t the one saying ‘take more off’ though. Whenever I have to work to spec I always find the customer is saying just another few feet please. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is media spin blaming the companies making them look like the worst kind of person. Not saying they were in the right just find it hard to believe it was all on them. That is unless the climber was super lazy.

Only one word for that job - 'Atrocious ' ! Crown reductions are my personal peeve . Shocking work that , percentages are meaningless and I have never had it explained to me coherently ( sorry Paul -  ) god knows what they - or the owner were aiming for , but well done the TO .

Much better, Spike - kept character of tree . Sympathetic work and I trust its thriving :) K

well spotted

5a9ec8dcc69bf_ScreenShot2018-03-06at16_58_38.png.c379428e068f19ace09c62231e5f4f9f.png

I’m not so sure, if you looked from the other side of the tree that would be a rounded shape tying in with the bottom limbs.
I would imagine the first tree company, applied for the works, met the TO and got the go ahead then Mr Know it all customer got the cheaper guy and did 1 on over on the good guy!
All this is sheer conjecture on my part!