Stein helmet, any good???!!!

Guest simlad

I like the stein but its comfort is also going to be its down fall i think, due to all the padding its going to get scummy real quick. Its also slighty warmer than the petzl meaing more sweat into the padding. It does actually fit on my head though rather than perch like the petzl did. Don't get me wrong its good and i like it but......

I'll most likely get another vertex when it comes to changing again.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the stein but its comfort is also going to be its down fall i think, due to all the padding its going to get scummy real quick. Its also slighty warmer than the petzl meaing more sweat into the padding. It does actually fit on my head though rather than perch like the petzl did. Don't get me wrong its good and i like it but......

I'll most likely get another vertex when it comes to changing again.

you can take the fabric part of the padding out to wash on the stein and buy replacement fabric.

i bought one 3 weeks ago but am having trouble already with helmet and supplier.

i bought the hiviz one, cos i work on roads but the company ( who shall remain nameless - till the end of the week!)

but although they show it with hi viz (peltor) muffs it comes with the orange, so from the side, with mufffs up, it isnt hi-viz. (and the side reflectors are situated on the muff mounting :001_tongue:therefore pointless.

it came without the screws so i couldnt use it, the company sent these on a week later.

when i came to screw them on the muffs were broken ( split on the plastic lengthening ting)

the company wont reply to my mails.

and on further inspection the alloy saftey mesh over the air vents are glued on, or are supposed to be. the back vent is not glued on properly and flapping about, this hole is big enough to let in a foreign object. my other concern is that even if it was glued on it would get punched in very easily. petzl airvents are'nt directly open to getting clattered ( they are more kinda side on - instead of on the top of yer bonce ala stein. and husky has no vents, so no probs there! )

its an awsome helmet with every feature you could wish for, but with this vent design and the retailer ive gone with, im not a happy bunny,esp. at over £100 for a lid (once u have mesh, muffs, visor etc)...:thumbdown:

another thing! ive never had peltor muffs b4, has anyone else had troubles with the two positioning / extending bits?

Edited by jonathan hall

hi jonathan it is up to you what ear defs you put on the helmet ,eg you buy the helmet then muffs then visor etc.the hi viz muffs are available so you need to take that up with your supplier, (also screws are supplied with every set) it is a pain when you dont get any answer out of them but keep on trying.

cant see what the problem is with over heating i have never experienced that at all with the stein if any thing the exact oposite and i have owned both the petzls the vent and normal and a couple of steins have found the steins dont get as stinky as the straps are thinner and overall the lay out is more comfy have not tried the pilot viser though, goggles or visor for me...not really bothered if the defenders are sordin or peltor either as long as they are replaced every few months when they get ripped or start stinking!