this weeks job

MattyF

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly all my jobs the timber rings have to be carried out manually.

wow, that sucks!

It's gotta be hard on your bodies then!

I used to do everything by hand the hardway, loading trucks by hand, two guys on each ring lifted into a truck.....

but that was because I didn't have the equipment to help load full size logs.

Rarily do we ever load a truck by hand anymore.

But you English chaps have to do it because there is no other way.:thumbdown:

cheers wont be one i forget!

would love to have some of the kit you guys have in the usa..mini loaders and all that but most my jobs are done with just 2 of us and a lot of hard handballing!.we did take out some big chunks though dont have many or any photos that do them justice i regret not gettin one of the last two stems we rigged out as there was some huge chunks ... evan broke a 16mm rigging strop on one peice which was not to great but lets you know how far you can push things!! my newish lowering rope that nod reommened to me worked a treat think that was the most i have tested on it and was more than happy with its abilities!

Pretty sure its the sirus 16mm ...should of put some on the rigging strop but using a 3 ton sling on that at the momment seems to be working good... seems that point is the weekest in the system as its the second i have had go in a year so its probably worth replacing every few jobs..or definietly replacing when it looks worn!