Ripped off by tree surgeons

Martin95

3 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

And what evidence have you got to back up your claims?

Is this real evidence with a study to back it up or are we talking preconceptions in your head that seem perfectly normal to you due to your sexist opinion.

You are jumping to some conclusions wirh your last statement but to be fair its difficult to work out just what is going on in the "farmers " head.

It boils down to the fact that most folks think tree work is a doddle and all you do is cut down a tree with a chainsaw,

i mean it'll only take 5 minutes,so they expect the price to match a predisposed attitude.unfortunatly most tree surgeons come across this all to frequently.

Joe public dont understand we have to run a business with all the costs that entails.

Yes, but while you're here could you just.........

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

And what evidence have you got to back up your claims?

Is this real evidence with a study to back it up or are we talking preconceptions in your head that seem perfectly normal to you due to your sexist opinion.

You are jumping to some conclusions wirh your last statement but to be fair its difficult to work out just what is going on in the "farmers " head.

It boils down to the fact that most folks think tree work is a doddle and all you do is cut down a tree with a chainsaw,

i mean it'll only take 5 minutes,so they expect the price to match a predisposed attitude.unfortunatly most tree surgeons come across this all to frequently.

Joe public dont understand we have to run a business with all the costs that entails.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/27/study-auto-repair-shops-really-do-charge-women-more-sometimes

You can read that for evidence if you like, its not the study I was going off mind but does add weight to the one I read some years back..

4 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/06/27/study-auto-repair-shops-really-do-charge-women-more-sometimes

You can read that for evidence if you like, its not the study I was going off mind but does add weight to the one I read some years back..

Nope not buying that one...

An american study thats now 6 years old thats shows marginal discrepincies in quotes aint gonna cut it big boy.

Off you must go and find more studys to back up your claims..

Oh but can you make them relevant and up to date please,i dont enjoy reading twaddle

• Haha 1

Just now, stihlmadasever said:

Nope not buying that one...

An american study thats now 6 years old thats shows marginal discrepincies in quotes aint gonna cut it big boy.

Off you must go and find more studys to back up your claims..

Oh but can you make them relevant and up to date please,i dont enjoy reading twaddle

Find your own study, do your own research, you think I've nothin better to do than do your work for you?..

By the way, who takes your wife's car to the garage?..

17 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Find your own study, do your own research, you think I've nothin better to do than do your work for you?..

By the way, who takes your wife's car to the garage?..

Its up to you to back up your claims with proof pal not me.

I take it you've exhausted the internet search tryin to prove your more than dubious claims..and my neighbour does all my vehicular repairs because he's a decent bloke and his prices are very competative.The wife and i have took our vehicles too him,he has also trusted us with lookin after his dogs whilst on holiday.

Edited by stihlmadasever

6 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Its up to you to back up your claims with proof pal not me.

I take it you've exhausted the internet search tryin to prove your more than dubious claims..and my neighbour does all my vehicular repairs because he's a decent bloke and his prices are very competative.The wife and i have took our vehicles too him,he has also trusted us with lookin after his dogs whilst on holiday.

New pads and shoes when you gave the dogs back....  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2