My splicing attempts

old snake

Yeap I removed core and then removed 9 strands for the initial taper and then tapered again for the crossover bury so that when the new core/s pull against each other it becomes smooth with no bumps..if that makes sense? kinda hard to explain.. hope it makes sense :)

No, I get it. Thanks mate. I need double the length I want the ropeguide to be, plus a bit for the crossover. Then lockstitch it to death :001_tongue:

Hey Craig, nice bro. I've done the same on my pinto but used ap- how did you find doing the second eye? I made mine quite short and the second eye was a bitch to milk in and remove bagginess from the eye.

Cheers Drew, yea it was a mission to milk it home! I find using another prusic as an 'adjuster' helps but yeah still hard to milk in but its worth it, although the one in the pic was for a mate, I still got mine tied in a prus loop :001_tt2: Don't know weather I want to have if 'fixed' or not... Did come up nice though,even with that sirius cord been so 'stiff', I find AP much easier to splice than the sirius.. you use Class 1 Double Braid splice on AP?

Ha Im still using my cocoon on my rope guide I use my pinto for a floating anchor on my SRT line for getting hangers etc :001_cool:

Oh yeah and let me know when your gunna be down wellington ways and we could me up or something..?

Edited by CraigD

Knowing how Im not perfect at doing crossovers yet, I just removed the core and made it as if it were a long split tail. 90% milked it, then cut off the excess and milked the rest. It gave me a little bit of spare cover at the end to fold over and stitch. Man this thing retrieves soooo easily.