Road / Lane closure - how should I go about it?

TimberCutterDartmoor

When i was at Tillhill, They used LUX (which has something to do with A plant i think, Not 100% tho) and they were great, They used to come and set everything up, Make sure its working spot on and then pick it all back up at the end of the day, Takes all the pressure off you then :thumbup1::thumbup1:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we just hire some traffic lights out from a local tool/plant hire company for £50 quid a day, inc T/L signs & the STOP HERE signs. and use our own cones/blue arrows/men at work signs

go for battery operated ones rather than generator ones as battery dont have any wires on the road

If your gonna do it yourself just make sure you get a booklet (used to be chapter 8 not sure if its changed) and make sure you set it up to the letter.

If you can just pass the cost on then go for the getting a pro firm in to set it all up approach.

Have used lights quite a few times which we set up but it was when subbing(not true subbing you understand) so not my fault/insurance if things went wrong :sneaky2:

We did our signing lighting and guarding course(2 days),well worth it in the long run.Yes lux(owned by A-plant are good but they're really expensive.We hire our lights from them at £75 per week and have all our own signs etc.The high price for lux puts most clients off IMO,thats why we did the training.Stop/go boards are ok in a 30mph but LA prob won't allow you to use them on a 60mph road.Up here we have to have a valid permit for the duration off the works which in our area is FOC,but not in other area's.As long as you do everything properly i can't see anything wrong risk wise doing it yourself.Hope this helps.:001_smile: