560 fueling issue

castanea

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 17:48, steve collins said:

i think the problem was new top end on a high hours bottom end caused the second issue, do you think husqvarna are going to give out pretty much a brand new saw when the one purchased is worn out before the warranty has expired?? 

the saws are great just the build quality is still questionable 

Replacing a top end on an older bottom end is fine as long as the bottom end is checked over, pressure/vacuum checked and the carb/fuel system is inspected to make sure it is doing what it should. If a top end seizes then you have to do all the checks to make sure it doesn't happen again with the new top end - some get lazy though!

No reply from the OP on this, but , there was a reply from another member stating which may seem an to have been a STBO reply but the guy was just trying to help and I suspect english is not their first tounge. The point he was making about oil for these "5"s is very correct.So stating the obvious sometimes is the answer ? I suspect in this case after "a good few years" the saw has done it's work.  

Edited by outinthewood

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Aliza29 said:

@Stubby Welcome.  :D

Has my 560 from early 2011 . Had the cutting out when hot issue when new . This was cured with a new carb and a hotter plug . Then sent it off for porting .  Always run on Aspen 4 mixed at 50:1 with Red Line Racing 2t oil . . Saw is 7 years old now and still running strong . 

I asked since I find that the "5" saws do need the best fully synth oil to run at their best never mind to make them last. I know this has been covered many times before but no harm in reinforcing a point ! And your 560's life span would tend to support that also.

On the posts about saws failing after having new top ends fitted, over here the importer would replace crankcase and top end if the all to common crank bearing failure on early saws occured so you more or less got a brand new saw. 

9 minutes ago, outinthewood said:

I asked since I find that the "5" saws do need the best fully synth oil to run at their best never mind to make them last. I know this has been covered many times before but no harm in reinforcing a point ! And your 560's life span would tend to support that also.

On the posts about saws failing after having new top ends fitted, over here the importer would replace crankcase and top end if the all to common crank bearing failure on early saws occured so you more or less got a brand new saw. 

Since the initial carb replacement and hotter plug its only required a primer bulb . this was faulty not degraded . Its had a high top filter and cover but not coz it needed them t run . I am convinced that taking most of the guts out of the muffler makes it run cooler .

These autotune strato saws use much less fuel, less fuel means less oil, less oil means more heat and greater demand on bearings and friction surfaces. The manufacturers will work closely with their bearing suppliers to get maximum life out of them in demanding circumstances.

The 560 muffler is pretty restrictive and if you gut it, sure it gets louder but it also gets rid of those hot gasses a lot quicker thus keeping the cylinder temperature down!