560 fueling issue

castanea

Well I don't have any theories only stating things as I find them with regards to my saws running which on the whole I find they do a very good job at doing ! 

Eddy are you sure about the carb issue for 070/090 ? I have a reasonable understanding of them and have never seen more than one part number for the Tillitson HS (?) carb which was fitted from day one of the Contra etc. ?

The error codes in the CST can help to point you in the right direction, but I find the fuel settings info more useful IMO.

If you know what the Autotune chip is looking for when it's doing its micro-adjustments, then you can get a snapshot of where going on inside the saw. For example, if it's adding a lot of fuel to compensate for a leaky de-comp valve, (550xp/560xp) then it could be too flooded to start correctly. Just an example.  The CST is just another tool in the toolbox, it doesn't replace all the other tools.