Husqvarna 266

openspaceman

I was clearing out a shed in a commercial yard and came across this for disposal266chewed.jpeg.147a05688db5f725cc1c11c440c085d0.jpeg

It was in a box all in bits but I couldn't figure what had caused the damage to the HT wire and wire to the switch, they looked burnt at first . Then I noticed  the teeth marks on the starter housing. I'm wondering if it had been used with veggie oil and that had attracted the rodents.

Then I took the plastic cover off the coil:

266chafed.thumb.jpeg.eb0464614d36b508f948e40c677e35cf.jpeg

It looks like the PVC insulation on the live wire to the ignition coil has chafed through.

Can anyone tell from the serial number when it was made, my guess was 1979 as I had some 266s around then but this one doesn't seem to have much use prior to being dismantled. Apart from the damage to the starter casing it seems only to be missing all the chain brake mechanism and band.

266chewed.jpeg

Edited by openspaceman
duplicated image

1 hour ago, peatff said:

Anybody seen saw troll lately ? He'd be able to tell you who built the saw and which line they worked on, what time they knocked off that day and where they went for dinner.

And what colour socks  they had on ....... 

• Haha 1

HI, I've got two 266's.....as I understand it , they were made from 81 to 94, a black badge for the 80's and a silver badge for the 90's,  the 1st number denotes the year of the decade, the 2nd two are the week of that year and the rest indicate its number in that years production run.......so yours might be the 904th made in the 21st week of 1987........ but I stand to be corrected,     cheers