Rail line work. Question.

redmoosefaction

Hi All

Hope your all great.

Been asked to reduce a tree next to networks rail lines. Will presume it requires night work, line shut down etc etc...

Is it worth all the H&S. I suspect that is going to be a serious nightmare, and we're not lightly to do it again for a couple of years.

And the client will pay but then think we are too expensive for future work and ditch us.

What do you reckon guys and gals

Adam:thumbup:

Been asked to reduce a tree next to networks rail lines. Will presume it requires night work, line shut down etc etc...

If you've got to do any work lineside you have got to get your railway safety ticket.

I'm afraid mine has expired.

if i was you i would get another local contractor to do it for you and get a good price off them by saying that if you get any more rail side work you will contract it out to them, and then put a wee bit on top of their price for your time of arranging it :001_smile:

Edited by Joe
spelling

Hi All

Hope your all great.

Is it worth all the H&S. I suspect that is going to be a serious nightmare, and we're not lightly to do it again for a couple of years.

And the client will pay but then think we are too expensive for future work and ditch us.

What do you reckon guys and gals

Adam:thumbup:

forget all the mental negotiations you are doing in your head of whether or not you will get work in the future or not. If it is too close to the line then you cant do it, if you get electrocuted, how much is the job worth to you. your life. Just say you cant and walk away, they may try to convince you to do it on the fly, but if something goes wrong, its all on your shoulders mate.:thumbdown:

It all depends on the proximity to the line we have done trees that hang over tracks and had the railway people there acting as banks man. It might take a little extra origination about the same as a electricity switch off but that should reflect in the price. How close is the tree to the line? Is there a bank or is it a drop then the track? Is it a busy line ?