Missing parcels...

Ty Korrigan

Hmmm...

The day before a week long holiday abroad, I waited in for an expected UPS delivery.

Bored, I stuck a large note on my front door and nipped to the shops.

Upon my return, still nothing, no note either.

When I returned from my holiday, still no note or parcel so I call the supplier to ask them to chase it up.

Took a few days mind being the season it is.

Recieved a call from UPS Friday afternoon.

Goods delivered and signed for at my yard by a 'Stephan'

Except the address on the packages is quite clearly my home address preceded by the company name and my own name not that of the business premises.

More worrying is that I have no employee or associate called Stephan...

I have a sample of the signature used.

Now, to UPS's credit, I believe the delivery driver may well have thought he was doing me a favour by dropping in at the yard as it was possibly on his route anyway.

The goods are to the value of 1200euros.

UPS are in complete agreement with me concerning the address issue. 

That the address should have been respected to the letter.

However, I do not want the driver to get into trouble for using his initiative and using his head to ensure delivery.

Which brings me back to the mysterious 'Stephan' who signed for the goods at the yard.

Prime suspects in my eyes are the rogue business partner and the 2 belligerant employees who have aligned themselves with the Perfidious French Git (PFG)

The PFG refuses to communicate with me, either denying emails are recieved or not signing for recorded delivery letters.

Only route to communicate with him is via the company administrator but she is closed until Jan 2nd

The delivery driver must now be given the chance to recuperate the 2 packages.

If this is not successful, I guess I must file a report of theft with the local Gendarmerie.

Ty

• Like 1

Annoyingly, under French law I cannot simply dissolve this business partnership because the business is viable, turns a profit and has employees.

Le 'Perfidious French Git' won't make me anything near a fair offer for my shares either.

Nor can I simply just start another business in the same area whilst I have even a euro invested in the current one.

So the route I have chosen is to go into administration by taking Le PFG to the Tribunal de Commerce which I did last June This will be for a period of a year.

If no solution is found by June 2018 then the company will be dissolved by the Tribunal de Commerce.

Le 'PFG' now has to put up with a business partner (me) who only works a couple of days a week for full pay and benefits unless he comes out with a better offer for my shares.

In addition to not offering a fair settlement Le 'PFG' also wants to screw me over with 'Restrictive Covenants' preventing me from working in the trade or running a business within 100km of the current business for 3 years.

If I choose to simply walk away and get a job, then it must be in a totally unrelated industry or I potentially face being prosecuted myself for undermining my own business...meh!

Vivre La France...

Ty

Ah...

Sadly that too is currently impossible without a legal battle.

You see the year I married my non-E.U wife the U.K government changed the rules on visas for spouses.

Earnings limits apply.

I'd already need a job in the U.K that paid me around 26k before we'd be granted residency as a family unit. My kids and I are U.K passport holders but my wifes country of origin makes immigration difficult.

Ty

Ah...
 Sadly that too is currently impossible without a legal battle.
 You see the year I married my non-E.U wife the U.K government changed the rules on visas for spouses.
Earnings limits apply.
I'd already need a job in the U.K that paid me around 26k before we'd be granted residency as a family unit. My kids and I are U.K passport holders but my wifes country of origin makes immigration difficult.
  Ty
Would you want to live back in the UK given the opportunity ?