The Crypto coin thread

Rob D

You're spot on there, so hard to know when the crash will come, it won't disappear though, the technology is good, so when the crash happens some coins will emerge as the winners, others will just disappear and be worthless. The same thing happened with the dot com bubble, out of that came google, Facebook and amazon.  The trick will be knowing who the winners will be..

BTW i just closed my factom margin position, profit from 25minutes exposure was $1100!  So today I started out with a stuck timber wagon which we had to unload where it was and then drag out with the mog, so we were late to our job, set the guys going then a meeting in Edinburgh, then off into the borders to grab a snatch block that we had left on another job, then back to the job, couldn't get the Landy  and trailer up the forest track so had to mess around with the alpine dragging it up. Then finishing in the dark, plus we didn't get the whole job completed, so the job was £750 but we didn't finish it, meanwhile I just made more than that in less than half an hour with no overheads, and it's tax free!  

Still dirty hands: clean money and all that.. 

Mind you I know what I'm doing if my guys do a bartletts and put me out of business.......

22 minutes ago, Tom D said:

You're spot on there, so hard to know when the crash will come, it won't disappear though, the technology is good, so when the crash happens some coins will emerge as the winners, others will just disappear and be worthless. The same thing happened with the dot com bubble, out of that came google, Facebook and amazon.  The trick will be knowing who the winners will be..

BTW i just closed my factom margin position, profit from 25minutes exposure was $1100!  So today I started out with a stuck timber wagon which we had to unload where it was and then drag out with the mog, so we were late to our job, set the guys going then a meeting in Edinburgh, then off into the borders to grab a snatch block that we had left on another job, then back to the job, couldn't get the Landy  and trailer up the forest track so had to mess around with the alpine dragging it up. Then finishing in the dark, plus we didn't get the whole job completed, so the job was £750 but we didn't finish it, meanwhile I just made more than that in less than half an hour with no overheads, and it's tax free!  

Still dirty hands: clean money and all that.. 

Mind you I know what I'm doing if my guys do a bartletts and put me out of business.......

That's called hedging I believe:thumbup:

Just seen this elsewhere.

Justa bit of FUN.....
Want to know about
*BITCOIN*
A lot of monkeys lived near a village.
One day a merchant came to the village to buy these monkeys!
He announced that he will buy the monkeys @ $100 each.
The villagers thought that this man is mad.
They thought how can somebody buy stray monkeys at $100 each?
Still, some people caught some monkeys and gave it to this merchant and he gave $100 for each monkey. 
This news spread like wildfire and people caught monkeys and sold it to the merchant.
After a few days, the merchant announced that he will buy monkeys @ 200 each.
The lazy villagers also ran around to catch the remaining monkeys!
They sold the remaining monkeys @ 200 each.
Then the merchant announced that he will buy monkeys @ 500 each!
The villagers start to lose sleep! ... They caught six or seven monkeys, which was all that was left and got 500 each.
The villagers were waiting anxiously for the next announcement.
Then the merchant announced that he is going home for a week. And when he returns, he will buy monkeys @ 1000 each!
He asked his employee to take care of the monkeys he bought. He was alone taking care of all the monkeys in a cage.
The merchant went home.
The villagers were very sad as there were no more monkeys left for them to sell it at $1000 each.
Then the employee told them that he will sell some monkeys @ 700 each secretly. 
This news spread like fire. Since the merchant buys monkey @ 1000 each, there is a 300 profit for each monkey.
The next day, villagers made a queue near the monkey cage.
The employee sold all the monkeys at 700 each. The rich bought monkeys in big lots. The poor borrowed money from money lenders and also bought monkeys!
The villagers took care of their monkeys & waited for the merchant to return. 
But nobody came! ...Then they ran to the employee...
But he has already left too !
The villagers then realised that they have bought the useless stray monkeys @ 700 each and unable to sell them!
The Bitcoin will be the next monkey business 

It will make a lot of people bankrupt and a few people filthy rich in this monkey business.
That's how it will work

• Like 2

Haha - yep... but to be fair stray monkeys go for $1200 a pop near me so which village was that I'll swing by and offer them $450 and no doubt they'll bite my hand off (the villagers not the monkeys)!

Margin trading - crazy stuff! Have done a bit - won big and lost big and also lost sleep and now not going to say not doing it... just going to be very careful doing it! When it goes well it's mad like Tom said - £1k one hour. But when it goes bad you become a slave to your mobile and let's face it..

... we're slaves enough to them as it is ;)

12 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

Rob I tried to open an account with coinfloor but received an email saying that they couldn't proceed with the application.

any ideas?

Yep answered this on the other thread but it may be because of the below:

Dear Rob,

As a reminder, from December 15th 2017, Coinfloor will discontinue the Express Buy service, increase fiat and cryptocurrency deposit minimums, and reinstate trading fees.

Coinfloor has established its position as the most liquid bitcoin to Pound Sterling exchange in the world. We believe that these changes will allow us to exceed our clients expectations even further, offering the most competitive fees in the market and the lowest in our history.

Please note that Express Buy transactions will continue to be completed by Coinfloor Brokers until December 15th, but we will only allow creation of new purchases until the end of Tuesday, December 12th.