Unbelievable

sean

Get where you are coming from Mick but you can’t leave a site on a public highway in this mess.

True they shouldn’t but then the residents shouldn’t be trying to stop people doing their jobs. (Standing in drop zone) That’s putting aside the rights and wrongs of doing it which I can’t understand unless the trees are about to fall over and kill someone.

3 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

True they shouldn’t but then the residents shouldn’t be trying to stop people doing their jobs. (Standing in drop zone) That’s putting aside the rights and wrongs of doing it which I can’t understand unless the trees are about to fall over and kill someone.

If the residents don’t try to put a stop to it and the whole management program reassessed then 1000’s more healthy mature Street trees will be lost.

8 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

After reading about the threats being made by residents to the tree lads, can anyone blame them from trying to hide their identities. 

The relationship between residents and the teee lads is pretty good on the whole. They get brought coffee and biscuits most days. There’s a lot of media spin to say the least. 

8 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Or not engaging in dialogue with the residents/protesters, what purpose would it serve?

I would imagine they are told specifically not to engage with residents.

Standard in any local authority work to not engage with the pubic, at least not in any way such as to give them your 'opinion' of the work being carried out. 

I got caught with this a long time ago, discussing a tree on council land with a member of the public, mentioned it probably should be removed....next thing they are on the phone to the council telling them the tree surgeon told them this and that, blah blah.

• Like 2

If I read correct the tree in question was not in great shape maybe I would have asked all your neighbours to go indoors swiftly followed suit and observed to see if maybe they could have done their jobs. 

Without getting involved in the moral dilemma or offering an opinion of what I think about the situation as a whole is it at all possible to see it how it is in that the decisions have been made and one way or another the outcome will be the same but the lads on the ground are just doing their jobs and probably have mouths to feed and bills to pay like most of us. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MattyF said:

I get your point Sean but that’s not a healthy Tree!

You’re right as I pointed out at the beginning but it is part of the management program which has seen huge amounts of healthy trees felled and some fine mature trees on the list. See the Ash and the Oak I posted in the thread above. From what I gather they want the felling program to stop and open dialogue to commence and the management program reassessed and rightly so.