Brexit ! what will this mean ? ( lets get a good thread going )

digaholedumper

Personally I can't stand it when people immigrate from another county into Northumberland. They've never even paid council tax here before then expect a school for their kids. Sometimes they may work for less too also I hear.

Everyone should just stick to within a few miles of their birth place

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, billpierce said:

Personally I can't stand it when people immigrate from another county into Northumberland. They've never even paid council tax here before then expect a school for their kids. Sometimes they may work for less too also I hear.

I feel unwanted here in the UK bill. Ive only paid tax here for nearly 12 years. Are you gonna throw me out??;)

Edited by breffni

41 minutes ago, matelot said:

Ohh, let's get this right. You're basically saying EU migrants are awesome for Britain? If the migrants are so good why are their home countries so poor? If the migrants are so good should we not be charitable and send them to the third world to benefit places like Africa and Pakistan?

Wages are low in the UK because Brits are being undercut by millions of East European migrants. I've known people that were working in a warehouse through an agency. Then one week they're told not to come back and a bunch of East Europeans are doing their jobs for less money. I've seen migrants do skilled jobs in construction for £5 an hour!! 

Why have we got to a state of affairs where those factory workers let that be done to them? British workers are treated badly because they've forgotten how to defend their rights and they've become suspicious of Unions because they believe the bullshit in the tory tabloids which tell them unions are evil. After Brexit and tory plans to 'improve competitiveness' they'll find those employers importing  workers from even poorer Asian countries for even less. But those same newspapers convince them to blame immigrants because it lets the billionaire tax exiles who own those papers off the hook for what they've done to working conditions in this country.

Honestly, you should stop believing everything the BBC tells you and go and speak to people that work in construction or in a factory etc.

You should stop reading the Mail and meet some of those 'immigrants' you've been talking about.

Honestly, the only really good thing about East European immigration is the number of fit Polish birds kicking about. I'd hope they'd make fat British birds raise their game a bit.

36 minutes ago, matelot said:

Bremoaners lie to us saying that we need EU migrants because they pay tax. How much does the average EU migrant earn? The ones I see working in shops etc would be lucky to earn £15k a year.

The income tax and NI paid on that salary is £1500 a year.... The NHS by itself costs on average £2000 a year per person. The average EU migrant is a drain to the taxpayer.....

But they also pay VAT, and council tax, and fuel duty if they run a motor etc etc. Now lets say the NHS does cost £2000/p/year but that is not true that every person costs the NHS £2000/year. If you are  a child it will be more, if you are over 80 it will be MUCH more, but if you are 16-55 it will be FAR less. Tell me I am wrong on anything in the last two sentences.

12 minutes ago, javelin10 said:

Then you should have no problem with the vast majority of EU citizens living here. 

The NHS doesn't agree. Every NHS manager I've heard comment of the fact say caring for an ageing population that is living longer is the number 1 challenge for the NHS.

I work for an NHS Foundation Trust as well as for myself. I live in the NHS bubble as far as elderly go yes they cost but point 1 thaeyve paid in all of their lives point 2 caring for them isn’t where the cost or complications solely come into play it’s catching up with Alzheimer’s dementia and Parkinson’s etc that used to be rare so didn’t receive funding. Now it needs research.  

'Immigration' by which I take it you mean 'health tourism' is such a minor problem they don't even think the cost of making sure everyone who should pay does pay will even match the amounts recovered. Tabloid scare stories.

Health tourism I wish was a scare story but the fact is it isn’t it is a real problem being brushed under the carpet the fact is no one keeps a count on health tourism , it’s let go so as to not show how big of a problem it is. 

In that single and wholly unrepresentative case....your UK 65 year old. Shame it doesn't hold for many of the the other 70million people here.

I did bend that case but that’s what you keep doing to suit your narratives. 

I do respect your opinion; you are at least able to defend your point of view without being prejudiced or paranoid. A lot of people voted leave based only on prejudice and the immigration issue was as crucial in deciding the result as it was bogus. I just can't respect their kind of 'thinking'.

Thanks, I will keep reiterating I have no issue with immigrants who want to come here and earn a crust I do feel we would benefit though from a points based system like Aus. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, billpierce said:

That's not really the point though.... Brits pay tax to a British Government.... I bet the number of Brits moving to Northumberland is relatively small and there are people moving in the opposite direction.... so no one really cares if we get a few brits from other areas moving to our home towns.

EU migration is a one way street.... The inability of Bremoaners to understand why people don't like this is the main reason we got Brexit, so thanks very much :) 

2 minutes ago, WesD said:

Thanks, I will keep reiterating I have no issue with immigrants who want to come here and earn a crust I do feel we would benefit though from a points based system like Aus. 

Ideally that is how every immigration system would work but we currently belong to a single market with no borders to capital, goods or people, and it is my opinion that we derived great benefit from the first two freedoms. It is also my opinion that the downsides from free movement of people have been hugely exaggerated and it is a worthwhile price to pay for the rest of it.

6 minutes ago, javelin10 said:

Why have we got to a state of affairs where those factory workers let that be done to them? British workers are treated badly because they've forgotten how to defend their rights and they've become suspicious of Unions because they believe the bullshit in the tory tabloids which tell them unions are evil. After Brexit and tory plans to 'improve competitiveness' they'll find those employers importing  workers from even poorer Asian countries for even less. But those same newspapers convince them to blame immigrants because it lets the billionaire tax exiles who own those papers off the hook for what they've done to working conditions in this country.

You should stop reading the Mail and meet some of those 'immigrants' you've been talking about.

But they also pay VAT, and council tax, and fuel duty if they run a motor etc etc. Now lets say the NHS does cost £2000/p/year but that is not true that every person costs the NHS £2000/year. If you are  a child it will be more, if you are over 80 it will be MUCH more, but if you are 16-55 it will be FAR less. Tell me I am wrong on anything in the last two sentences.

How can British workers "defend their rights" when there are millions of EU migrants that will work for less money? Honestly have you ever had to negotiate for anything? I'd guess not.

Why was Big Business so keen on remaining in the EU? They want to us to stay in so they can get EU migrants to reduce wages. 

How many times are there threads here saying "so many new outfits in my area meaning tree rates are cut"? Yet somehow you don't think increased competition reduces income! Are you really that deluded???!!

So what does the average EU migrant pay in tax? The evidence I've seen is they are, on average, a drain to the taxpayer!! Honestly, if they contribute more than they take out present some evidence!! You have to earn about £35k a year before you contribute more in tax than you take out. You think many EU migrants earn that much??!!

i wouldn't decribe you as "gullible" you're completely naive.