Brexit ! what will this mean ? ( lets get a good thread going )

digaholedumper

13 minutes ago, WesD said:

So more than half of our population are desperate and a bit retarded?

I didn't say half, I said a quarter. 25% eurosceptics plus 26.9% slight retards equals 51.9%. Eurosceptics aren't retards; I'm just not at all impressed by there arguments. 

“Just because something has changed doesn’t mean it will be better” nor does it mean it will be worse. 

True. It's the bit about being a small fish in an increasingly big and interconnected pond that will make things worse. And the fact that we left for all the wrong reasons.

Making things to EU spec to sell is different to having EU laws. 

Not really, considering the fact that all the EU laws that really affect us are to do with trade. And the ECHR is something I fully agree with, as should all Brits, as it's the most British thing in the EU.

Dont forget people Austria have just had a massive change in leader. France too granted he’s pro EU. Germany have a coalition of 3 and can’t agree anything between them ...... these EU nations aren’t exactly stable and yes their combined economy is bigger but a lot of these nations are dictated too on interest rates and the likes so buying power is mixed nation to nation within the EU. 

Don't get your point here, but the world has recently been through a massive financial crisis, the effects of which we are still feeling. The last time we had such a big shock it caused WW2. If we get away this time with a bit of unrest and a few right-wing windbags getting elected, then going away, then I'll be very relieved :). Besides, does the UK look like the picture of stability to you, right now? And the EU is growing faster then us now, btw.

German car manufacturers are a small drop in the EU ocean yet they are pleading to not punish us as it punished them, why is this?

The EU is huge, and German car manufacturers don't control everything.

People have an awful habit of underselling the UK!

I'm really not underselling the UK. I'm selling it exactly as I see it.

Trying to forecast our future is a fool's errand, and as someone has already said; In 10 years what would we compare our situation to? Forecasting is what led the leavers at referendum time to say "we aren't listening to experts anymore", but expert opinion and forecasting aren't the same thing.

Experts were already debunking brexit myths long before the vote, such as 'getting rid of all the silly EU regulations' (not going to happen; we will still have to make stuff to EU spec to sell it anywhere) and the £350m/week bollocks, and a dozen other things I could mention. The problem was that no-one cared. The leave campaign had their eurosceptics in the bag of course, but they were only really about 25% of people likely to vote. They had to make up the numbers with people who hated the Tory government, or politicians in general, or refugees/EU citizens/muslims/Illegal immigrants (leavers tended to make no distinction as the newspapers tended to paint them all the same). Leave presented itself as the choice that could change Britain for the better, whereas Remain was just more of the same.

Desperate people went for the change option. Does that make them retards? Actually it does a bit. Just because something has changed doesn't mean it will change for the better. Apathetic voters or first-time voters didn't really look at the detail at all, and ardent leavers want to ignore it. The EU economy is 6 times larger then the UK economy; that is why the US President (the last real one, that is) said we'd have to get to the back of the queue, why the Chinese said 'we don't deal with minnows (ouch!) and why the EU has the upper hand in all things other then financial services. The City of London will get a good deal if any deal is made. The rest of us will not.

Goods will have to be made to the spec of the country we are trying to sell them to. So if the EU then that spec but the US has its own standards along with loads and loads of others.

Remainers won’t be taken seriously until they stop telling leavers that they are morons, retards, idiots etc just because they voted the opposite of you!

You do understand how big the trade deficit is? They do want a deal just don’t want to show it imo
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

Goods will have to be made to the spec of the country we are trying to sell them to. So if the EU then that spec but the US has its own standards along with loads and loads of others.

Remainers won’t be taken seriously until they stop telling leavers that they are morons, retards, idiots etc just because they voted the opposite of you!

You do understand how big the trade deficit is? They do want a deal just don’t want to show it imo

The EU economy is about the same size as the US economy. The big economies decide the standards, and the smaller economies adhere to them. When we leave the EU we will no longer be setting any standards; that is my point.

I didn't say all leavers were retards; see my point above. I maintain that people who vote to leave Brussels in hope of fixing problems that were made in Westminster were retards. I except Eurosceptics from that criticism; their arguments, though rational, are weak.

A trading deficit, of any size, matters much more to the UK than to the EU, as they are six times bigger. They all know this on the continent, why don't we seem to? Also the trading deficit is almost entirely in financial services, and that sector has far less to fear from brexit then everyone else, as the City will be looked after before anyone else.

Edited by javelin10
qualify last sentence
  • Like 1

All this waffle and hot air.

Everyone thinks their an economic and political expert, who know exactly why everyone voted 9_9

I vote out for very a simple reasons. I had no massive issue with a single market (although I am not a fan of protectionism, IMO its far better to allow poor countries free access to our markets, letting them help themselves rather than sending them aid) I live in Great Britain, in a country called England. I have no interest in living in a country called Europe.

I can't help thinking how outraged the remain voters would have been if they had won the vote and the outers had reacted in the way  remoaners  are behaving.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WesD said:

Out of curiosity, if we go and make a good go of it and do well do people still think there will be an EU bloc in 10-15 years? Will Greece and the likes carry on being broke or make a go of it on their own?

It will split into two camps, one economically and culturally tied with the UK, USA and traditional western culture, the other more like a watered down Soviet Union. Germany has already more or less fallen - government confiscating private property to house illegal migrants in Hamburg, censorship of social media punishing citizens with massive fines for wrongthink etc. Sweden was lost years ago. Spain not looking so hot. Central Europe is standing it's ground, Austria, Hungary, Poland, Czech Rep, Slovakia. Italy will come round I hope. So there will be a "Free New Europe" accord and also whoever is left in the old EU, which by that time will be a miserable mess. But I could be wrong...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, javelin10 said:

The EU economy is about the same size as the US economy. The big economies decide the standards, and the smaller economies adhere to them. When we leave the EU we will no longer be setting any standards; that is my point.

I've lived in the Middle East. The Arabs absolutedly love Range Rovers!! Does the UK get involved with car standards in the Middle East? No we don't... We still export cars there...

The Chinese sell lots of stuff to the EU. Do the Chinese get involved in EU standards?

If the EU changes standards does it really matter?

Your "point" seems absolutedly pointless. I'd suggest you're the "retard" in this discussion. 

Range rovers are built to EU standards. Everything the chinese sell here is made to EU standards. So the answer to your questions are Yes, Yes and Yes.

And I haven't insulted anyone on this forum, so why are you?

You have insulted a quarter of the population some of which must be on here statistically I would have thought?
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

You have insulted a quarter of the population some of which must be on here statistically I would have thought?

I doubt it. Everyone who bothers to debate a topic at least has put some thought into it. The brexit vote was at least half carried by a bunch of people who wanted a change without knowing the first thing about that change. I still maintain this is a retarded thing to do.