Media Brainwashing

matelot

17 minutes ago, matelot said:

I thought it was just the one question you wanted answered. I can't really be bothered going through the last few pages and answering your badly phrased questions. Sorry.

A simple one to start with.

Sorry its 'badly phrased'.

Do you best to work it out, so as not to loose face in the 'adult debate' stakes....

.....I also challenge you to show me where I called you a troll.  You keep banging on about it, so go on, show me.

British values again.

Is there a standard list, or is each set of 'British values' unique to the individual British? 

Do other countries have a published set of values?

Are British values the best?

Is there a national values league table?

What rot. 

What I would call 'British Values' seem to be highly lacking in some posts I have read.

My opinion. Of which I am entitled to. U have your Opinion clearly they are different...

The British Army thrive of a list of values called the "values and standards of the British Army" and every soldier is expected to act too.

Courage
Discipline
Respect for others
Integrity
Loyalty
Selfless commitment.

These are my British values that I feel is lacking within our country..

And I say again... My opinion

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

In summary, it's the minority that agree with you in my opinion.  Show me why you think my summary is wrong, and I will show you why I think it's right.

LOOK!!! in this one, I even did you a little summary.  How cool is that???

I get the feeling I am doing more than my fair share of the 'heavy lifting' here, considering it was you that was calling for a debate!

6 minutes ago, Bolt said:

My thoughts entirely.

I can't usually be bothered  but I reasoned that every now and again, I owe a duty to put something back.

I'm terrible sorry that the debate isn't up to your standard.

To try and get the debate back up to your high standards perhaps you could explain what the average Brit gets from mass immigration? I'll be honest, from where I'm sitting the negatives vastly outweigh the positives. Do you think I like paying tax to support migrants? Do you think I like migrants competing for my job? Do you think I like migrants competing for public services? Is there some massive advantage to mass immigration that no one seems to be able to explain?

Imho, immigration is mostly about big business wanting more labour so they can reduce wages.... 

5 minutes ago, tony_t3d said:

My opinion. Of which I am entitled to. U have your Opinion clearly they are different...

The British Army thrive of a list of values called the "values and standards of the British Army" and every soldier is expected to act too.

Courage
Discipline
Respect for others
Integrity
Loyalty
Selfless commitment.

These are my British values that I feel is lacking within our country..

And I say again... My opinion

Thanks.

Good to see someone can put their money where there mouse is.

'Respect for others'.  That is a good one.

May i propose adding 'a sense of fair play'.  I am sure that is another core value.

• Like 1

Hang on a minute to all this !! You can't go appropriating human values and calling them British and using it as a standard - reverse the situation  with negative values and see what happens !! Anyway much of these ideas were thought up by Greeks n Romans  ( Plato ring any bells ? ) so lets not start believing they are ours, or special to us alone , K

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Khriss said:

Hang on a minute to all this !! You can't go appropriating human values and calling them British and using it as a standard - reverse the situation  with negative values and see what happens !! Anyway much of these ideas were thought up by Greeks n Romans  ( Plato ring any bells ? ) so lets not start believing they are ours, or special to us alone , K

WTF has Mickey Mouse's dog got to do with this highbrow debate? :001_huh::D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, matelot said:

I'm terrible sorry that the debate isn't up to your standard.

To try and get the debate back up to your high standards perhaps you could explain what the average Brit gets from mass immigration?

Every Brit owes everything to immigration in my opinion.

Britian (why not the UK, What do you have against Northern Island?*) is a lump of rock that was not originally populated by humans.  Over many thousands of years, wave upon wave of 'hoards' have migrated or invaded. 

It has always been thus. 

Lets start when Humans first started to populate Europe.

Whereas some Homo sapiens were content to settle down and populate the edges of the Med, others moved North.  These were the more adventurous ones.  Every time the ice sheets advanced, or a natural obstacle presented itself, the sensible ones stayed put, and the adventurous ones went on.

They treated the English channel the same way.  Some crossed (ice / bog / open water), some did not.

In later times, wave upon wave of warlike invaders made their appearance.

Viking, Roman, et al.

Some went home, others settled.

This is the reason why the UK is such a superb nation.  It is naturally selected to contain a breed of people that won't quit, and will always push forwards and push their boundaries, and get in a scrap.

Just consider the height of the British Empire, Just consider out top class football hooligans.  Just consider the explorers and adventurers this country has produced.

All thanks to immigration over thousands and thousands of years.

I am sure every generation over hundreds of hundreds of years have anguished that the current invaders are going to cock it all up.  Up to now, our nation has done very well on it, thank you very much.  What amazing timing that these isles get ruined on our watch!

*look, I got in another question, but I marked it with an asterix for you

Edited by Bolt