Do you even lift bro?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you exercise?

• never
    • daily, cardio based
    • daily, weighlifting based
    • every other day, cardio based
    • every other day, weighlifting based
  2. 2. Do you think regular exercise would benefit the average arb worker?

2 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

Stihmmad which amino acids do you recommend?

I'm on whey protein and creatine in my morning smoothie but think I need a change.

I've got a bit of lergy at the minute, but my energy levels generally have been shocking the last few months, although I'm eating reasonably well.

I need to shake things up a bit.

Mark im not sure taking branch chain amino acids would help with the energy levels but would definetly help in the gym.

Look at bcca's that have leucine, valine and isoleucine in a 2:1:1 ratio.

These are the only amino acids that metabolised in the muscle,all the others are metabolised in the liver.These key aminos help to repair damaged muscle tissue and speed the recovery process.

Theyre cheap and easy to buy online in bulk.

I recommend taking them before a workout and during to help the body undertake the repair process quicker.

Amounts taken will differ according to your weight.

I found taking whey protein alot had many side affects that i hadnt even noticed,bloating,wind,lethargy,upset stomach,spiking my insulin,costing a fortune etc.

Id say give it a break or even just stop taking it except straight after training just to see if it helps.You might wanna take a look at how much caffeine your consuming aswell as long term high caffeine intake can really have a detrimental effect on your adrenal glands which can present itself in lethargy.

If you've been busy at work plus traini g hard you might wanna take some time off just too recharge the batteries mate.

Let us know how you get on mate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I enjoy swimming Rupe, but find pools to be dreadfully dull. Open water where I'm most at home, but getting a comfortable temperature in the UK is tricky! 

My wife fairly recently joined the gym. She used to lift casually when I was last lifting. We've since had two kids, the second 5 months ago so she's hoping to address a few 'lugging baby around' back issues and generally tone up. We created a mostly machines based routine that was OK, but was a bit time consuming and didn't lead to much in the way of DOMS. So went in today with her and did squats, push press, leg press, bench, horizontal row and lat pulldown. Just six lifts with the focus being on the first two. She's been complaining all evening about lore legs! Ha!

• Like 2