Do you even lift bro?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you exercise?

• never
    • daily, cardio based
    • daily, weighlifting based
    • every other day, cardio based
    • every other day, weighlifting based
  2. 2. Do you think regular exercise would benefit the average arb worker?

As far as muscles are concerned, I've always been happy with whatever muscles develop from whatever activity I do. I don't see developing muscles as an activity in it'd own right but of course for others it is.

If you eat tons and drink beer and climb trees you will build muscles, but they might be covered up. Swimming is stripping some fat very slowly (I only upped my frequency last November) and I think there's some muscles in there somewhere!!

• Like 1

Really enjoying this thread,didnt realise i was one of the few who train after work.

Most of the guys i know and my crew see the job as enough excersize and do little to nothing else.

Anyone using any kind of supplements for training in the gym or nutritional supplements?

I take omega 3,6,9 oils daily

a probiotic to help digest the protein,usually eggs,fish and some lean turkey.

And a strong natural multi vitamin after training.

During a workout i take amino acids as its the only one ive found to work really.

Ive probably tried most weight training supplements but found most of em utterly crap and of no benefit at all...

Joined the gym today, didn’t go nuts.
2x 500m on the rower for warm up, burned 250 calories on the cross trainer(approx 25 mins) 10 minutes of stretches and light chore work on the big ball! Shower and home!
It’s a start and really enjoyed it, it’s a new gym to me but my membership covers 3 in the area.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stihlmadasever said:

Really enjoying this thread,didnt realise i was one of the few who train after work.

Most of the guys i know and my crew see the job as enough excersize and do little to nothing else.

Anyone using any kind of supplements for training in the gym or nutritional supplements?

I take omega 3,6,9 oils daily

a probiotic to help digest the protein,usually eggs,fish and some lean turkey.

And a strong natural multi vitamin after training.

During a workout i take amino acids as its the only one ive found to work really.

Ive probably tried most weight training supplements but found most of em utterly crap and of no benefit at all...

Supplementing quite a bit because I'm a lazy eater. So presently on:

Myprotein weight gainer - ground oats mixed with whey protein

Whey powder

Creatine - I've always responded very well to this. Started just before Christmas and saw an immediate strength increase and weight gain

L-glutamine - I haven't used it before but I thought, why not? Just been using it for a couple of weeks. It's coincided with me returning to free weights and perhaps it's helped me squat every other day without too much trouble.

Dextrose and maltodextrin - I carb up either side of a workout or other exercise.

The above ingredients with semi skimmed milk mean I can easily produce an 800 kcal shake which can be necked in 20 seconds and digested very quickly. 

I also take an omega 3+6+9, glucosamine (no idea how effective that is) and a multivitamin.

On about 5500-6000 kcal a day presently, and now sat at just over 113kg, up from 100kg 14 weeks ago. I'll probably bulk to 125kg and then try to cut back to a leanish 120kg and hold at that. The allure of the heavier weights is hard to resist though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stephen Blair said:

Joined the gym today, didn’t go nuts.
2x 500m on the rower for warm up, burned 250 calories on the cross trainer(approx 25 mins) 10 minutes of stretches and light chore work on the big ball! Shower and home!
It’s a start and really enjoyed it, it’s a new gym to me but my membership covers 3 in the area.

Glad to hear you're back at the gym! Shoveling snow not enough for you then?! You must be sick of it by now.

Not tempted by the resistance training? I think that's where you'll see the biggest improvements in quality of life.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Big J said:

Supplementing quite a bit because I'm a lazy eater. So presently on:

Myprotein weight gainer - ground oats mixed with whey protein

Whey powder

Creatine - I've always responded very well to this. Started just before Christmas and saw an immediate strength increase and weight gain

L-glutamine - I haven't used it before but I thought, why not? Just been using it for a couple of weeks. It's coincided with me returning to free weights and perhaps it's helped me squat every other day without too much trouble.

Dextrose and maltodextrin - I carb up either side of a workout or other exercise.

The above ingredients with semi skimmed milk mean I can easily produce an 800 kcal shake which can be necked in 20 seconds and digested very quickly. 

I also take an omega 3+6+9, glucosamine (no idea how effective that is) and a multivitamin.

On about 5500-6000 kcal a day presently, and now sat at just over 113kg, up from 100kg 14 weeks ago. I'll probably bulk to 125kg and then try to cut back to a leanish 120kg and hold at that. The allure of the heavier weights is hard to resist though.

I cant use whey protein anymore as ive grown an intolerance too it now.

I use pea protein mixed with powdered egg whites which my delicate little stomach can handle.

Ive been thinking of using L-citrulline as ive researched it a bit and it reads well.

Some info below if u fancy a read..

https://examine.com/supplements/citrulline/

Sounds like you have a plan big j,well structured and goal orientated-thats a great way to push yourself and see results mate :151:

• Like 1