Dash Cam?

PeteB

It would probably save a lot of arguments to have the record of my careful considerate drinking on hand, prior to the abysmal mess that follows with the next four pints- it would perhaps validate my claims that someone spiked my drinks and justify my being wrapped in the duvet next to the bog on the bathroom floor. "Ah the poor pet , whoever would do that to him? " !!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Also interested in this.
Do they activate on the ignition or do you plug it in when ever you use the vehicle?
I'm sure that i've seen night time footage from these catching crimes so some must record 24/7.

Different features on different cameras.  If hard wired you can have 24/7 recording - which can provide a portable addition to any building fixed CCTV at home, yard or street for example, or you can have bump/zone movement activated recording - which is less drain on the battery but only activates when there is a detected incident.  If it's a 'plug-in' system to 12v, it generally switches on/off with vehicle ignition.  

There is some admin associated with CCTV as detailed at the ICO website:  https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/cctv/  

Worth a quick read to understand what is / isn't legal - even though there's precious little chance of ever getting pulled up for it. 

• Like 1

Our trucks have blackvue 650s dash cams front and rear. Hard wired in and record 27/7 on a loop. The recording quality is excellent and has secured a claim when a builder reversed into my hilux. Paid out within a week with the proof.

The new truck has a truck edition BV650s which has infra red for night.

https://www.thtreeservices.co.uk/blackvue-dr650s-2-channel-dash-cams-lukas-290-parking-module-review/

Ah damn, looks like the 750 is out, never ends..

Edited by THtreeservices
new ones
  • Like 2

Our trucks have blackvue 650s dash cams front and rear. Hard wired in and record 27/7 on a loop. The recording quality is excellent and has secured a claim when a builder reversed into my hilux. Paid out within a week with the proof.

The new truck has a truck edition BV650s which has infra red for night.

https://www.thtreeservices.co.uk/blackvue-dr650s-2-channel-dash-cams-lukas-290-parking-module-review/

Ah damn, looks like the 750 is out, never ends..

It makes a lot of sense on many levels: you’ve got the obvious vehicle safety & security benefits whilst driving or parked (protecting your no-fault no- claim or malicious damage issues) but there is also worksite recording depending upon vehicle position which could offer protection in an accident investigation or where customers or neighbours claim incidental damage...

Possibly a useful sales pitch too - include work site CCTV as a management of H&S aspect in RAMS and if customer wants a video of the task could be provided as an add-on option or a freebie (depending on circumstances)

There’s a lot to like there [emoji1303]

(Unless the fleet is yellow! Sorry Paul, I know I shouldn’t but couldn’t help myself [emoji23])

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

It makes a lot of sense on many levels: you’ve got the obvious vehicle safety & security benefits whilst driving or parked (protecting your no-fault no- claim or malicious damage issues) but there is also worksite recording depending upon vehicle position which could offer protection in an accident investigation or where customers or neighbours claim incidental damage...

Possibly a useful sales pitch too - include work site CCTV as a management of H&S aspect in RAMS and if customer wants a video of the task could be provided as an add-on option or a freebie (depending on circumstances)

There’s a lot to like there emoji1303.png

(Unless the fleet is yellow! Sorry Paul, I know I shouldn’t but couldn’t help myself emoji23.png)

I don't know, but I think there's data protection issues involved when they're used for reasons other than dash cams. 

It it seems a very grey area. 

Why is life so difficult nowadays?