badcustomer.co.uk

John Hancock

Late/bad/none payers of bills.

On an absolute whim I bought the domain name last week (thanks to SWB’s suggestion). His idea of a web site publicising bad payers was IMO genius. I realise that publishing financial details of late/bad/none payers would have allsorts of legal implications and to be honest not allowed.

However if I was a serial late/bad payer and threatened with publication I’d pay up pronto, whether details were publicised or not!What do you recon? Good idea or a waste of money?

Cheers, John.

ex idea,just the thought of being named should make them think twice,if not public just maybe a web site where you pay a small fee to join or invited to join ie tradesmen/women to get info on "late/bad/non payers scammers" in your aera,not sure how you work it tho,could even be a like the masons,top secret :biggrin:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only way i could see this working, without actually naming anyone, would be to have a list of dummy names and imaginary "crimes" as if i was threatened with publication on such a site, i would check out the site myself to see what sort of threat it was posing.

Err.... great idea John... possibly a legal minefield I rekon.

On a different tack though, you can already find out about bad payers etc with Experian or suchlike.

Simples, have a basic contract made up for all jobs and ask your customer if they will be requiring credit, and explain to them that credit is available for 30 days no problem at all as long as they meet the criteria of a basic credit check.... I doubt you'd get many customers wanting somebody trawling through their credit file and would end up getting paid up front on completion 9 times out of 10.

You could set you're site up as a credit check website as a reseller of experian or similar and actually use it to good effect.

The cost of the credit checks on customers can easily be added ontop of the specific job in question at the time of quoting.

Just a thought to chuck around.