Subbing for Ground Control

Laurence sls

On 16/03/2024 at 11:17, Mark BGM said:

Eventually in a meeting last December they took all our sites off us for no solid reason,  left my business in dire straits

😂😂😂 Money for nothing and free chicks?

On 16/03/2024 at 12:17, Mark BGM said:

Subbed for 4 yrs as a field team,  started off sort of ok, i did question the cost per site visit which is very tight given you need address all areas of landscape maintenance. They gradually gave us more and more sites , most without any consultation, eventually we no time for other works , taken over by ground control after a couple years, often management not well informed of changes,  wrong information.

Eventually in a meeting last December they took all our sites off us for no solid reason,  left my business in dire straits,  it supports myself and wife, who is disabled,  my youngest son, and my eldests and his family.

No warnings, no meeting prior to this event.

I think they build up a good round with subbies over time, then shelve them, then give to a team directly employed. 

Very immoral business ethics.

steer clear!!

Worked a lot with a fencer back in the UK, he got a bit of work to augment his domestic stuff from a company that oversaw the vegetation on electricity substations (I did a bit of the treework as well till I got binned off)

Anyway a bit became a lot, became everything, then one day the owner declared himself bankrupt, sent back all the leased vans, laid everyone off. 
Left the fencer nearly 100k in in materials etc. He went bankrupt as well. 
He restarted, but reputation with suppliers ruined, was a very straight bloke, so a personal hit for him.

So yeah, it goes on a lot, you have to beware.

6 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Worked a lot with a fencer back in the UK, he got a bit of work to augment his domestic stuff from a company that oversaw the vegetation on electricity substations (I did a bit of the treework as well till I got binned off)

Anyway a bit became a lot, became everything, then one day the owner declared himself bankrupt, sent back all the leased vans, laid everyone off. 
Left the fencer nearly 100k in in materials etc. He went bankrupt as well. 
He restarted, but reputation with suppliers ruined, was a very straight bloke, so a personal hit for him.

So yeah, it goes on a lot, you have to beware.

He does seem pretty angry....

Among other things..😁

Like I said it's a daft bugger that does that and doesn't put safe guards in place.

Subbing to large contractors is always trouble unless you legally bond them.

3 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Everything is easy in hindsight.

I've subbed a few big boys over the years and not once have I been left without the payments.

Yes work has stopped but not without notice period.

Maybe BGM is a pain in their arse complaining about prices so they fu##ed him off.... There's usually two sides to these problems.

Edited by Botty Cough

1 hour ago, Botty Cough said:

I've subbed a few big boys over the years and not once have I been left without the payments.

Maybe BGM is a pain in their arse complaining about prices so they fu##ed him off.... There's usually two sides to these problems.

I take it then you haven’t worked for ground control 

2 hours ago, Botty Cough said:

You are an outspoken a hole

• Like 2
  • Haha 3