Rear axle in woodland

Baffle

The most significant factor was that you can repair a split rim tyre with nothing more than a spanner and a Dunlop kit.

Commercial tyres were also high ply and getting them on a bead with levers was "difficult"

Aah I see, having struggled refitting some motorbike tyres with levers, I do understand.....the rim actually comes apart - brilliant. Thanks, I'm that much wiser.

Could be an old yank wartime ex army truck axle, something like a Dodge

Yes, that's really helpful and looks spot on, thank you!

I guess I should be able to get a start and stop dates for the tyres, though they could remain in use for a long time after fitting depending on use.

Cheers,

Matt

Yes, that's really helpful and looks spot on, thank you!

I guess I should be able to get a start and stop dates for the tyres, though they could remain in use for a long time after fitting depending on use.

Cheers,

Matt

The tires are Michelin and would not be original to the truck ( if that is what it is ) More likely as has been suggested a trailer made from truck axle .

Could be an old yank wartime ex army truck axle, something like a Dodge.

Bob

40`s Dodge

0742a1df7bf4009dcfd1291741f5c8b9.jpg

If its not a Dodge rear Axel,it could be off a Jeep.

Take the picture down the local Gay Bar and ask the patons,they will be experts on "Willys".

Best of luck.

Don't know about tyres as old as that but "modern" tyres have the year of production hidden in a code printed on the side.

In the first picture, the right-hand tyre looks like it could be a remould and therefore possibly second-hand when fitted.