French Election

Billhook

How can people be upset that a bunch of Holocaust deniers failed to be elected as the government of France? Genuinely interested.

The way I read the reporting of her speech doesn't make her a Holocaust denier.

"I don't think France is responsible for the Vel d'Hiv," Le Pen told French broadcaster LCI on Sunday, arguing that the Nazi-collaborationist Vichy regime "was not France."

"I think that generally speaking if there are people responsible, it's those who were in power at the time. It's not France," she added.

"I consider that France and the Republic were in London during the occupation and that the Vichy regime was not France."

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The way I read the reporting of her speech doesn't make her a Holocaust denier.

I was referring to the type of character she thought would make a good candidate for Interim Party Leader:

"Jalkh, a long-time ally of Le Pen senior who founded the National Front, was one of 35 FN members elected to parliament in the mid-1980s. He had been due to take over as interim party chief, a post Marine Le Pen has vacated to focus on the presidential race.

FN officials said Jalkh denies the allegations linking him to Holocaust deniers, and Le Pen herself later told BFM TV "there is no one in the leadership of the National Front who defends this sort of thesis".

At issue are comments attributed to Jalkh in a conversation with a researcher in 2005 about the work of a professor convicted more than once for questioning the scale of Jewish extermination in Nazi gas chambers during World War Two. Also unearthed was a 1991 report that said Jalkh attended a rally held by supporters of Marshal Philippe Petain, French wartime leader and Nazi collaborator, in July of that year.

Le Pen's father has been convicted of inciting racial hatred for his remarks on the Holocaust, and referred to them himself as recently as 2015."

Holocaust comments drag on Le Pen's French presidential bid | Reuters

Hi Mark,

Perhaps you could explain why you want migrants in Europe that will change our way of life?

These are some of the things I like about Europe and I think they could be threatened by mass third world migration:

1. Going for a drink.

2. Secular democracy.

3. Girls on beaches wearing very little.

4. Girls on a night out wearing very little.

5. The NHS (I don't believe there is enough money to pay for all the migrants medical needs).

6. Welfare state (I don't think there is enough money to pay the welfare of low skilled migrants).

7. Not having religion interfere with the rule of law.

8. Not having to worry about terrorism.

9. Homosexuals not being attacked for holding hands.

1. I know of plenty Moslem Shopkeepers who don't seem to mind.

2. Plenty of countries manage it.

3. Rapey

4. Rapey

5. Vote Labour and don't kick out immigrant nurses/doctors etc

6. Again, vote Labour.

7. The queen is the head of the C of E. Most court cases are "Regina(The Queen) Vs ..."

8. Like the Home grown radicalised nut job who killed MP Jo Cox?

9. Turing's Law - named after a man who was chemically castrated by the British Government. Heard of that?

What are you hoping to achieve? You're failing miserably. I'll say it again once more in case you somehow missed it first time round. I welcome refugees with open arms. Skilled migrant workers, with open arms. Economic migrants, considerably less so.

Now back under your bridge.

Sorry Mark. Anyone that advises voting Labour with Jeremy Corbyn as the leader doesn't have a clue.

You really think Corbyn is Prime Minister material?

Apart from you we can all see that our country is changing with the amount of immigration. Most people would think it's changing for the worse....

95 percent of people reading this thread realise you exhibit symptoms of mental illness. Before someone told you to be concerned about immigration to the point of mania what did you do?

On one hand, you try to talk about how oppressive Islam is, and on the other you make posts like your little list that seeks to objectify women. Seriously, it's as if you've time warped from 1920.

Christianity was the seed that spawned Islam..

Spat my tea out lol. Yet another expert on Christianity!

1. I know of plenty Moslem Shopkeepers who don't seem to mind.

2. Plenty of countries manage it.

3. Rapey

4. Rapey

5. Vote Labour and don't kick out immigrant nurses/doctors etc

6. Again, vote Labour.

7. The queen is the head of the C of E. Most court cases are "Regina(The Queen) Vs ..."

8. Like the Home grown radicalised nut job who killed MP Jo Cox?

9. Turing's Law - named after a man who was chemically castrated by the British Government. Heard of that?

What are you hoping to achieve? You're failing miserably. I'll say it again once more in case you somehow missed it first time round. I welcome refugees with open arms. Skilled migrant workers, with open arms. Economic migrants, considerably less so.

Now back under your bridge.

Aff yer heid. :thumbdown: