Advice sought for new Arb business.

Macaulay

Thank you very much for the advice.

So is it a must to get twin wheels at the rear?

Good advice about the engine because that's the only thing the warranty doesn't cover.

I've seen a couple of Citroen relays at a good price anyone had experience with these trucks?

Forget the single wheel thing,the wheels are bigger and carry the weight just as well yes your better with rear wheel drive but fwd is ok as long as your not in v hilly areas, I ran a relay fir 5 yrs with no problems, cheaper than a trannie and just as good but then no 3.5t is great for arb work.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every van I look at seems to have poor payload is there a van out there that will deliver payload under 3.5t Or do I just have to accept it and drive illegally?

Every 3.5t arb truck is over weight most days of the week, they just art up to it legally.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Arbtalk mobile app

I've read quite a bit so here's my input.

Cabstar or similar for the payload. If you are freelancing then why do you need a tipper?? I wouldn't pay a subbie more just because they have the ability to cart chip.

If you are freelancing don't bother with a chipper. You are allegedly going to work with a pro tree outfit. If they haven't got a chipper ask yourself why.

Advertise yourself honestly, you don't want to profess to be the worlds best climber and not be able to do the job you have been brought in for.

Confirm the company you are subbing for carry suitable insurance covering you and the work you will be dong.

Keep yourself tidy, your kit tidy and everything fully serviced and legal.

Cabstar or similar for the payload. If you are freelancing then why do you need a tipper?? I wouldn't pay a subbie more just because they have the ability to cart chip.

If you are freelancing don't bother with a chipper. You are allegedly going to work with a pro tree outfit. If they haven't got a chipper ask yourself why.

Advertise yourself honestly, you don't want to profess to be the worlds best climber and not be able to do the job you have been brought in for.

Confirm the company you are subbing for carry suitable insurance covering you and the work you will be dong.

Keep yourself tidy, your kit tidy and everything fully serviced and legal.

Hi Kev

I'm not going to focus on freelancing my main focus is going to be getting my own work.

I may freelance to fill days.

I am going to working as a tree officer for 3 days a week so I only need to be getting 2 days work a week, any extra is a bonus.

I like the look of the cabsters, I have seen a couple within my budget but the mileage is pretty high.

I have cut up enough brash on the back of a tipper to know I never want to do it again and more so have someone employed by me do it.

I don't think chippers depreciate massively so I am happy to invest in one.

Most subbies would want paying for carting the chip to bump up their wages thats why they have a vehicle like that and to do their own work. Transition between subby and doing own work full time