Advice sought for new Arb business.

Macaulay

Thank you very much for the advice.

So is it a must to get twin wheels at the rear?

Good advice about the engine because that's the only thing the warranty doesn't cover.

I've seen a couple of Citroen relays at a good price anyone had experience with these trucks?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what is a bomb proof truck, if you can find one is a LDV convoy tipper, I still run my second one, ex council with low miles, very light, double wheels with a transit turbo engine. Had this one for around 4/5 years, and only had a few problems (welding) only thing that is a pain is parts, but there cheap, meaning you can save your money for a body.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1492361637.016197.jpg.5483dd64a073a693acf3e93215d843b6.jpg

Thats what I had for a while, cheap and cheerful. The latter ones with the transit running gear were a big improvement for sure

Exactly as you put them, the old ones with the non turbo 'banana engine' were very slow, I had a crew cab one but this keeps going, i keep saying "if it lasts 6 more months I'll be surprised" 😂 but it seems to carry the weight very well with the full aluminium back its very light, I used to work with a guy who had a crewman vw like previously stated, terribly underpowered and ridiculously heavy, also used a Citroen crew cab, and we had to uprate the rear springs, it would bottom out on a daily basis, but whatever you choose get a aluminium back, the weight they save is worth it

Awesome advice I am learning with every reply. So I am going to get my deposit back from the Renault don't even think I'm gonna bother with the test drive. It had loads of new parts my dad reckoned it had been in a prang and the steering wheel was recked for 40k miles so bit suspicious even though it's from a big dealer.

From what I've read on hear Ivecos are good Arb trucks. I'm going to go see this one this week. Any advice welcome!

http://www.towcestercommercials.co.uk/used-vans/iveco-daily-towcester-201611189872084?at_source=autotrader&at_medium=unknown&at_campaign=website-visit

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1492371992.155806.jpg.68c745ed3c7831bf9f6ecac1b8ec4e1b.jpg

Sorry to burst your bubble but it will carry nothing legally.

I ran one a few years back a crew cab like that and it weighed 3t empty. Before tools, fuel workers and lunchbox. If i had taken more biscuits to work with me i could have been overweight enpty lol.

They are a great motor just heavy. Crew cabs make it worse

Sorry to burst your bubble but it will carry nothing legally.

I ran one a few years back a crew cab like that and it weighed 3t empty. Before tools, fuel workers and lunchbox. If i had taken more biscuits to work with me i could have been overweight enpty lol.

They are a great motor just heavy. Crew cabs make it worse

Every van I look at seems to have poor payload is there a van out there that will deliver payload under 3.5t Or do I just have to accept it and drive illegally?