Replacement track machine for TR6

simonm

We have 3 tr8's, have all had small teething problems but all sorted very quickly by forst.

There service and support is second to none and quite frankly, we would not go back to any other machine. We have had 2 timberwolfs, a greenmech a Jensen and the forst comes out on top everytime.

Thought some positive comment was nessesary here.

Out of our 3 forsts, the first 2 we got are number 5 and 6 of the production line, and our newest (3rd) was delivered early this year,

They have changed a few little bits that niggled us with the first 2, simple things like there is now a sensor to stop the rollers from operating when the hopper is up. The tie down points are now bigger and a few other little changes

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have 3 tr8's, have all had small teething problems but all sorted very quickly by forst.

There service and support is second to none and quite frankly, we would not go back to any other machine. We have had 2 timberwolfs, a greenmech a Jensen and the forst comes out on top everytime.

Out of our 3 forsts, the first 2 we got are number 5 and 6 of the production line, and our newest (3rd) was delivered early this year,

They have changed a few little bits that niggled us with the first 2, simple things like there is now a sensor to stop the rollers from operating when the hopper is up. The tie down points are now bigger and a few other little changes

To be fair the TR8/ST8 from what I hear is a totally different animal to the TR/ST6.

The TR6 we have is not a bad machine, and the support from Redwood is very good but there are to many niggles in use it's like it is designed by someone who has never fed a chipper (sorry just my opinion)

We are having a demo of the TR8 soon to be honest if we decide to stick to a 6" it will be a Timberwolf

Afternoon all

One of our guys will call you shortly Simon – it sounds like you have some things we need to address. Your 3 year warranty is there to cover you, and with the thousands of happy users we have out there we know we can most definitely get it right for you. if you need something bigger we can show you that too.

Dean, if the machine you are talking about is one of the top bar machines I think it is, then we did supply new upgrade bearings for that machine when we changed to the steel bearings back in the early days of Först. If you have a failed cast rear bearing then the steel replacements supplied were obviously never fitted. Leave it with us. We will call you about this tomorrow.

In answer to your question Steve – we aim to get better all the time! Quality most certainly isn’t going down! We will happily bring out a machine for you to try and put you in touch with many happy customers who swear by the product. We will be the first to admit that we do have issues sometimes but we do also go the extra mile to sort them out.

We will also welcome anyone to come and have a look at our product facility in Hampshire – the Först brand has come a hugely long way in the 4 years it’s been on the market and we have some exciting new stuff in the pipeline.

Thanks to all our customers and we look forward to welcoming many more!

Can't fault a response like that! :thumbup:

As much as I'd like to own my own Forst I think it's slightly out of my league.... but I'd happily (willingly) test new machines for you through our unmanaged Hazel coppice. Lol

Look forwards to seeing your new stuff. Anything mini excavator related?

cheers, Steve

Good to hear. The Jensen (can't remember the model) I used on the job rattled my hearing to pieces. Chipped well enough, but had an intermittent starting problem (was the main control unit... tres expensive).

cheers, steve

As much as I'd like to own my own Forst I think it's slightly out of my league.... but I'd happily (willingly) test new machines for you through our unmanaged Hazel coppice. Lol

cheers, Steve

Good to hear. The Jensen (can't remember the model) I used on the job rattled my hearing to pieces. Chipped well enough, but had an intermittent starting problem (was the main control unit... tres expensive).

cheers, steve

We also have a Jensen a540t, bloody good machine but the team that use it are forever breaking the gas strut on the stop bar. The forst has one to, but it's better guarded and looks a bit stronger.

Out of all the other machines the Jensen is definitely an easy second

We have had trouble with our TR6 this week also, broke its chipdisc bearings in half causing the disc to move & the knives hit the anvil, sensor etc. Apparently a common fault & bearings have now been changed, only 300hrs.

Glad i didnt buy it then! :001_huh: looked at another but will stay as i am :thumbup1:

Also i think when i change my tracked machine i'd go for at least an 8" machine

Edited by swinny

cheers, Steve

cheers, steve

Hope you got a call today because I didn't. 👎

Funny I'm in the same position Simon, my st8 has let me down twice in 2 months with roller issues, no actual build issues with paint etc but I'm worried about having it when the warranty is out, bloody shame as it chips so well. You will be sorely dissapoted with a bandit 75 against a forst though Simon (imo) yes the bandit will chip and last for ever but it's slowwwww against the forst, the bigger bandits are a totally different story though. I have a tw 280 on demo from last Friday to tomorrow night, looks good, nice features but not as good at chipping and it spits as much out the back than it does the front, I would hate to use it near a road or foot path etc, the 230 doesn't do this I'm told but the 280 is bad. Got a gm arborist 200 coming from Pete but I'm also thinking of going to a bandit 90xp on a twin wheel chassis, weight isnt an issue as we have an 8 " tracked jensen and a 6"gm for smaller jobs.............will keep you posted!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Arbtalk mobile app

Edited by Ian C

Funny I'm in the same position Simon, my st8 has let me down twice in 2 months with roller issues, no actual build issues with paint etc but I'm worried about having it when the warranty is out, bloody shame as it chips so well. You will be sorely dissapoted with a bandit 75 against a forst though Simon (imo) yes the bandit will chip and last for ever but it's slowwwww against the forst, the bigger bandits are a totally different story though. I have a tw 280 on demo from last Friday to tomorrow night, looks good, nice features but not as good at chipping and it spits as much out the back than it does the front, I would hate to use it near a road or foot path etc, the 230 doesn't do this I'm told but the 280 is bad. Got a gm arborist 200 coming from Pete but I'm also thinking of going to a bandit 90xp on a twin wheel chassis, weight isnt an issue as we have an 8 " tracked jensen and a 6"gm for smaller jobs.............will keep you posted!

Redwood are collecting the machine and loaning me a tr8! They are excellent at looking after customers I must admit. Like you say the machine chips well but its just not reliable enough, I need to speak to global but just being busy lately...have you had a bandit before?

Saw your firm few weeks ago up in methley at church.

Redwood are collecting the machine and loaning me a tr8! They are excellent at looking after customers I must admit. Like you say the machine chips well but its just not reliable enough, I need to speak to global but just being busy lately...have you had a bandit before?

Saw your firm few weeks ago up in methley at church.

Was actually working at the nursing home but yea though it was you, only day I got out on site that week so was a fluke.

I had a 75xp on demo before I got an St6, ki wasn't over thrilled don't get me wrong you WON'T have any build issues but they are slow on the in feed, I then got an st8, hell of an 8" machine but there is proving to be build issues not taken with the tw 280 so far, the gm will be good but I'm just thinking of going bigger with a bandit .