Barber chair!

Aaron king

I got my saw pinched in the bore once, only saw i had with me and was on my tod. Not alot i could do after that other than go home and return the following day with another saw.

I trust you only left the bar and chain in the tree? :001_huh:

Thats a very good reason for always carrying a spare bar and chain in ur lunch bag.

Had many a bar stuck in timber, usually throu my stupidity or complancy or both, so very handy to always have a spare bar.

Saves a lot of walking if ur on big soft wood jobs and also a lot of leg pulling if the machine operators see u walking for ur spare saw.

With any leaning tree esp if it is heavily branched on same side as lean (which is more than likely if its an outsider) is just to be very aware, know the signs and be ready to get out the way quick. If there is a bit of pressure/wieght in the crown it really doesn't take much back cutting for it to break off

But it can happen to anybody. When i 1st started working on the railways 1 of the older boys (sort of mentor) had a decent sycamore chair on him. This was someone who had been working in commercial softwoods snce the 70-or 80's doing thinnings etc, so been about about and cut the odd 'stick'

Must admit i used to often leave my saws/wedges/bar hidden in the woods esp if a long uphill walk to the job, but i was usually fairly remote

• 1 year later...